Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone here not seen a second of the Olympics yet?

That's different.
I like the idea of the Olympic Games, it's just a shame that it's in China
That's right. If only they restricted themselves to invading countries with huge oil reserves, on entirely boxus pretexts, and directly contributing to the death of several hundred thousand innocent civilians.

How does that argument work again, you wanted to start a thread in the Olympics forum to tell us you're not watching the Olympics . . .?

That's right. If only they restricted themselves to invading countries with huge oil reserves, on entirely boxus pretexts, and directly contributing to the death of several hundred thousand innocent civilians.

How does that argument work again, you wanted to start a thread in the Olympics forum to tell us you're not watching the Olympics . . .?
I already said why! :)
These Olympics-watchers are dead grouchy. Are you getting enough sleep?

this had me wondering and frowning for a while, til I realised you meant bogus

this is why pedantry is alive, well, and has to continue

I'm not watching any of the sports, but am following the political news.

Neither will I be watching the 2012 event.

I think that the entire olympic movement is thoroughly corrupt, repressive, corporate focussed, money driven - and totally and completely drug addled.

The nail in the coffin was "awarding" the games to China.

A woman spokesman for the IOC was at a press conference today and was repeatedly asked by a range of different journalists:

"Is the IOC in any way embarrased by China's failure to live up to the guarantees it gave with respect to human rights a press freedom for the duration of the games?"

She repeatedly refused to answer the question.

These guarantees were a pre-requisite to China being awarded the games. Not a "nice to have". The awarding of the games was conditional upon these guarantess.

The IOC has colluded with China every single step of the way in facilitating the greater suppression of freedoms during these games.

Fuck 'em all.

Fucking bunch of filthy fucking, money-grubbing, CUNTS!

:mad:

Woof

cheer the fuck up jessie, you're like a fucking broken record now

Eh?

I thought this was a thread about not having "seen a second of the olympics".

*checks*

It is.

And I haven't.

Why are you just popping in to have a crack at me without in any way contributing to the topic?

:confused:

Woof

if you're that bothered about how shit, corrupt and drug addled the olympics are, do your own thread where you can talk to similar minded people about it instead of dragging the same tedious post across every single thread you post in in this forum.

if you're that bothered about how shit, corrupt and drug addled the olympics are, do your own thread where you can talk to similar minded people about it instead of dragging the same tedious post across every single thread you post in in this forum.

Suuuuure mum!

Can I have a biscuit, please?

:D

Woof

oreo_Full.jpg

I saw about 5 minutes of football last night round a friend's house. Our telly's not tuned in so haven't watched any at home. Just not that fussed.

I haven't watched any at all, even of the sports that I like. Just hasn't really appealed to me this time. Last night, faced with a choice between a repeat CSI, Big Brother, two channels of Olympics and something else so dreary I can't even remember what it was - I came and played on the Internet.

I've enjoyed some of the threads on the Olympics forum here though, and I keep a tab open to look at the medal table. Maybe that's as much as I needed.

I finally watched a bit - Bolt bolting in the 200, some ladies BMX, some open-water swimming, some windsurfing and, on iPlayer, some dressage. Dressage is the most entertaining one so far, bar the sprinting.
I wish I'd seen more. I'd forgot you can watch telly on the computer.

Mark Steele is mildly amusing on the attraction of it all. Some extracts:
One morning, after achieving four straight hours watching the Olympics, I realised it was time to stop when the commentator said, and these were the exact words: "You have to say, that is a very important moment in the history of Algerian judo."
Instead, the main joy is observing the human drama at the centre of the events. Because sport is about the human sub-plots, the attempts to recover from injuries, the social background of the competitors, and the personal rivalries. The last laps of a long distance race are compelling because you can feel the athletes trying to mentally defeat their opponent, just as the final frame of a game of snooker is a test of nerve, and not a study of angles.

The interview with the British hurdler who unexpectedly got to the final was so uplifting, because this joyous woman was so astonished with herself she could only let out a series of squeals, that were somehow utterly coherent. The delight of Usain Bolt is not just his speed, but the supreme casual Jamaicanness with which he employs it.

Funniest thing for me today was the high-pitched interview with Bryony Shaw:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/sailing/7571661.stm

Mark Steel... snapped up by hte indie because he's a swappie who lived in the gutter "man".

He's a cock. A fucking sell out.

I watched everything for the first few days

then I got bored although I do watch it for breakfast if I'm up

I like watching the womens events at this stage of the end of my life :D

Back
Top Bottom