Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone familiar with North Norfolk?

Spymaster

Plastic Paddy
We're up on the North Norfolk coast about 30 miles from Kings Lynn. We've been enjoying the beaches and seafood as well as the stormy weather!

Any suggestions for days out/drives/must-sees in the general area?

My grandparents lived there many decades ago. Pretty villages, nice pubs, a good place to stand on the coast in rain flecked wind - Cromer is nice, Brancaster (Roman stuff), Hunstanton is a bit seaside town but has its charms, Heacham is nice in an empty, 1950's place that everyone forgot about way....

My grandparents lived there many decades ago. Pretty villages, nice pubs, a good place to stand on the coast in rain flecked wind - Cromer is nice, Brancaster (Roman stuff), Hunstanton is a bit seaside town but has its charms, Heacham is nice in an empty, 1950's place that everyone forgot about way....
We're staying in Brancaster. Hanging out with the seals in the creek have been the high point so far.

Spymaster - do you like scenery, the sea, churches, ancient history, wildlife or railways ?

All can be seen to advantage in Norfolk.

I've just watched a guy walk most of the MGNR route.

Ah, that helps !

Use yer GPS and drive in a series of loops, say one down to Wyn'dom, go one way out and another back, keeping off the "main" roads.
Or head for the North & Mid-Norfolk Railways. Also, the Bure Valley is good, if you like 15" lines. (Not sure if the Middy is open, the other two are).

Last trip down there, we had a drive as Church spotting day out - even some little hamlets have massive churches, all to do with the wool trade.

Museum of the Broads has some interesting exhibits for boaties ...

You could walk around the landscape at Grimes Graves - we picked up some knapped flints there.

Back
Top Bottom