Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ANTIFA - CHASSEURS DE SKINS (2008)

Did AFA ever have knowledge of these anti-fascist gangs? I've just read an article in Fighting Talk #1 on French fascism and it basically calls for a French version of AFA.

I remember a letter from one of the Paris groups was published in Red Action, so there may have been limited contact but nothing formal. The picture that accompanied the letter was the one of masked anti-fascists in front of 'Red Action Skinhead' graffiti.

I remember a letter from one of the Paris groups was published in Red Action, so there may have been limited contact but nothing formal. The picture that accompanied the letter was the one of masked anti-fascists in front of 'Red Action Skinhead' graffiti.

Not found the letter yet but there is a small article in issue 13 of Fighting Talk about how AFA has made contact with militant skinhead anti-fascists in France. They produced a magazine called Sang-Mele (Mixed Blood).

The letter and pic were published in one of the old newspaper editions of Red Action, not the magazine version. However, I can't be bothered going through 20+odd years worth of shite in my garage to find it, so I'll leave the search for it to you... :p

The letter and pic were published in one of the old newspaper editions of Red Action, not the magazine version. However, I can't be bothered going through 20+ years worth of shite in my garage to find it, so I'll leave the search for it to you... :p

Right haha.

It took me long enough to read through the seven copies of RA I have!

Although I've made a mental note that you have 20+ years of Red Action goodies in your garage ;)

Bastard! Why did I mention that? :D

I am trying to organise the shite, but it'll take years... :facepalm:

Well I've managed to organise 10 files of 'shite' and hours of video and audio stuff for my dissertation. If I'm unlucky enough to end up doing a Masters on it I'll know where to find you :)

Bob Doyle RIP

just seeing Bob Doyle (RIP) reminded me of a book that some may have by Max Arthur 'The Brits who fought for Spain'
chapters on Lou Kenton, Penny Feiwel, Jack Jones, Jack Edwards, Bob Doyle, Sam Lesser, Lee Gibson, Paddy Cochrane .

Anyway, reason for post is that I've dvd'd off sky Military Channel the 2 hour doc of the same title and by the same author with certainly Penny, Bob, Jack E, Sam and Paddy being interviewed at length with wheelchair bound Sam, Jack J, Jack E all receivinghherpoes welcome circa 2006 as they return, at the end of the doc.
couldn't find it on youtube, so If anyone knows how to upload/convert the dvd to put up on here, I could send in a copy.
The last surviving 9 were all asked by MA, would you do it again..all said 'yes'.

was in a few different issues (each time saying they were from a different place in France!) that one above was from Issue 75 - the 15 year retrospective issue

This one was from Issue 58 (Paris)

Screen shot 2012-04-20 at 14.28.25.png

And this was the one with the letter that you were thinking off from Issue 54 (Lille!)

Screen shot 2012-04-20 at 14.33.26.png

The whole archive should be ready to go out soon

Ah, so there was a letter, I am not losing my memory, and it looks like the Red Action Skinheads were from Lille. There was a Redskin faction from Marseilles featured in a French music/style magazine who were pictured on a rooftop, masked up, holding baseball bats and pump action shotguns. I found those pics quite recently, I'll dig them out again...

Possible related interest,The Black Dragon Gang:

The Black Dragon Gang was the biggest gang in french history (more than 900 members at their peak) they ruled from the mid-80s to the early 90s, as a french version of the Black Panthers, and their goal was to kick out the racist / fascist skinheads out of Paris, much like the Red Warriors & all the antifa thing, except that BDG were an all-black gang (in the film, the only white guy in the gang will tell you the story of how he got in)their turf was mostly La Defense / Nanterre area of Paris, but also Chatelet, and pretty much every station on the RER A train line. as they made this docu themselves, they wont tell you that they were also sometimes considered a racist / anti-white gang...to sum it up, white guys (no matter how they dress) were pretty much supposed to avoid hanging around La Defense at night when BDG were around...

Seen a few things going around nothing the passing of Red Warriors cofounder Julien Terzics:

There's a decent interview with him here (does that annoying thing of being broken over two pages for no apparent reason though):

And apparently the bar he ran was Le Saint Sauveur, which looks worth a visit if you're ever in Menilmontant:

Seen a few things going around nothing the passing of Red Warriors cofounder Julien Terzics:

There's a decent interview with him here (does that annoying thing of being broken over two pages for no apparent reason though):

And apparently the bar he ran was Le Saint Sauveur, which looks worth a visit if you're ever in Menilmontant:
Interesting interview, cheers for posting :oldthumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom