Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ANTIFA - CHASSEURS DE SKINS (2008)

Cheers for that story!Funny thing about batskin is that he is part/full lebanese? From the Christian minority I'm guessing so he probly would look abit like a 'mud/paki' to fash in the UK at that time.

Well, i can't remember all the stories but quite possible, I think a fair amount of the fascist/racist ones were definitely not 100% of French origins, which I always thought weird.
Julien (who was "head" of the redskins) runs a bar in the east of Paris, batskin also runs a bar in another part of Paris he went through various other gang phases before going back to the skinhead thing including being in a biker gang IIRC.

Well, i can't remember all the stories but quite possible,I think a fair amount of the fascist/racist ones were definitely not 100% of French origins, which I always thought weird. .

Could that be why he is called 'batskin' or is there another reason for that nickname?

http://gloryrac.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/batskin-interview.html
Have you seen the blog of Kim and DVD on hunters skins? Is what it seems in line with your memories of the time?
To be honest I flew over the blog of Kim, because he perceived spelling totally foreign to me. I have huge trouble to read a line and it is closer to the esoteric concept of the French. Otherwise I was translated. I think it's humor, because when we read, and not because they must decipher, but once you translate, you want to laugh! I find it a bit of the legend for children between five and seven years, those who do not really read and have an imagination, where they do not distinguish between reality and fantasy. This happy period where we do not know if you have dreamed, or if you have lived the events. So he made a Kung Fu Shaolin monastery, see ben, ben oui with Kwai Chang Caine! With Carradine, surely! This is the time, he had to see the series, but it was not and he is really the big difference. It was made for "small beetle". I think that's good fun. I remember just having crossed once and actually having slapped. There is nothing unusual, no flying dragons, no installation of pelican gas, not none of that was trivial.

He was how old at the time?

Oh, he is younger than me, he must be 19 years old when I slapped him. But I have known long ago, when he was a skin, in Third Way with us in the Young Guard. This is where he discovered, contrary to what he says in his DVD, humorous, and the Para boot bombers because it was skin, skin de Segur, he can remember.

So at the time it was nationalist?

Ah yes! A Third Way! He was cast because he did not, it allowed him to be Ducky Boy, to be discarded because it did not therefore become Red Warrior, that is why he made a sum of bands. A man is not appropriate all the bands, he made a tape.

Continue with the end of ‘80’s years, your rival Julien Terzic.

But stop it right away, it was not a rival I have not known! The Red Warriors were disbanded a while. We hear at all, and we started to hear about when to stop. It was not a band we hear, this is not true. I heard about in the late 80s, around 88-89, I have personally exploded Jeff, Nano, what is there still such guys in his band? It's nazes. They have resumed if the idea, if you type on the internet, so they speak for themselves, we are far from the famous original. Their DVD is they who speak for themselves, it's easy. I are the police reports, journalists, those who testified against me, the victims, who speak of me. Them is themselves. So we were promised back in the band should be cut ears, cut fingers, good fun. It always feels when a five / seven years, but I invite all skins and those who know to look in the street the number of skins that lacks ears ... or when they have not hunted much or they have dreamed a lot, but all in all, everyone in his ears and everyone at his fingers! Ha ha ha! This is ridiculous.

What do you think of the clashes that continue to oppose the young red skins nations and on behalf of their respective mythologies?

Look, frankly, it's always better if he took drugs, it is better to fight it employs. In any case when you have eighteen years, you cannot do anything other than to learn the life, you learn it as that. But it is obvious that if I am asked an opinion on the Redskins, I think they represent about thirty people on the Ile de France, is about 10 million people meet the proportions right of itself, it represents nothing, it is an epiphenomenon. Moreover, I have a room, the door is open, it's ridiculous it all is nothing, it's gangs of kids. Really, the Redskins, in a word is two adults, fifteen, seventeen, kids. You see on the street is closer to the rape of the armed band. One wonders whether the two adults in forty years, with these pre-pubescent young teens, pink, well shaved, plump buttocks are not pedophiles! Ha ha ha! What really interested in these young people? Me in their shoes I would be ashamed, I would take out in specialized areas, but not in the street! They could get caught by the police or parents unhappy! Must be careful, it is currently not joking with that, we can get them to Thailand, I saw there is an Englishman, he took! Whether gaffe, well I say it for them.

This film appears to debunk the idea expressed on here that Le Pen's FN grew because of a lack of militant anti-fascism? This film shows that there were clearly militant, anti-fascist groups active in France.

These were Paris based and essentially took on the neo nazi type skin groups like the JNR rather than the FN. The JNR were the sort of neo nazi groupuscle who would march under banners of 'Friends of Klaus Barbie'.

The FN , which would have nothing to do with them, holds its annual May day demos in Paris with out any opposition.

I really tried but it was just too garbled.
Basically batskin was saying the baby face guy rapping at start of chasseurs de skins (kim) used to be a fash or in their circle and was kicked out? then he went on to join the ducky boys. Probly a load of shite mind you.

Be very interested in learning more about the anti-racist rockers gangs from the 70s, the black panthers etc - anyone got any pointers?

These were Paris based and essentially took on the neo nazi type skin groups like the JNR rather than the FN. The JNR were the sort of neo nazi groupuscle who would march under banners of 'Friends of Klaus Barbie'.

The FN , which would have nothing to do with them, holds its annual May day demos in Paris with out any opposition.

It was because the FN broke through politically, which led to the growth of these anti-fascist groups, described in the film posted as a '"great alternative movement" that grew all around the country, who were against racism and fascism'. Also, it was stated that the JNR actually paraded at FN marches and rally's. They were later dropped by the FN, as they became a liability image wise. The FN may hold an annual May Day rally, but the fascist gangs don't control the streets in France (I would agree, mainly Paris) as they once did.

It was because the FN broke through politically, which led to the growth of these anti-fascist groups, described in the film posted as a '"great alternative movement" that grew all around the country, who were against racism and fascism'. Also, it was stated that the JNR actually paraded at FN marches and rally's. They were later dropped by the FN, as they became a liability image wise. The FN may hold an annual May Day rally, but the fascist gangs don't control the streets in France as they once did.
Have you watched this thing? The FN are pretty much irrelevant to the story. The only time they really appear in the narrative is at the BN gig where this "great alternative movement" is shown in its opposition to the FN.The film goes to great lengths to distinguish this "great alternative movement" from the 'hunters' and to distinguish the people the hunters deal with from the FN - a point re-emphasised by the little story about the FN washing their hands of them due to their unruly nature.

Have you watched this thing? The FN are pretty much irrelevant to the story. The only time they really appear in the narrative is at the BN gig where this "great alternative movement" is shown in its opposition to the FN.The film goes to great lengths to distinguish this "great alternative movement" from the 'hunters' and to distinguish the people the hunters deal with from the FN - a point re-emphasised by the little story about the FN washing their hands of them due to their unruly nature.

Does it state in the film that the growth of the FN led to this "great movement" or not? You will find that it does state that. The "hunters", a 100 at most at its height in Paris btw, also stated in the film, played its part on the physical front, but it was the broader movement against racism and fascism amongst young people that was the key in France, to break the back of the fascist gangs, most of whose members "vanished" when they realised they were about to be "crushed".

It was because the FN broke through politically, which led to the growth of these anti-fascist groups, described in the film posted as a '"great alternative movement" that grew all around the country, who were against racism and fascism'. Also, it was stated that the JNR actually paraded at FN marches and rally's. They were later dropped by the FN, as they became a liability image wise. The FN may hold an annual May Day rally, but the fascist gangs don't control the streets in France (I would agree, mainly Paris) as they once did.

You need to do a bit more googling. Surely you remember the SWPs line on all this?

Another short film that is worth a watch is this one from the London History Group based on a series of interviews with former members of the 43 Group.

You should have carried something with you to even things up.
as a rule you should never carry a "weapon" you are not ready and willing to use; neither of which I am in general. And also it would more than likely have been used on me after being taken of me so not really a great idea.
Truth be told I'm not and never have been one up for a ruck, which is what a lot of this was.

as a rule you should never carry a "weapon" you are not ready and willing to use; neither of which I am in general. And also it would more than likely have been used on me after being taken of me so not really a great idea.
Truth be told I'm not and never have been one up for a ruck, which is what a lot of this was.
Fair enough.

Does it state in the film that the growth of the FN led to this "great movement" or not? You will find that it does state that. The "hunters", a 100 at most at its height in Paris btw, also stated in the film, played its part on the physical front, but it was the broader movement against racism and fascism amongst young people that was the key in France, to break the back of the fascist gangs, most of whose members "vanished" when they realised they were about to be "crushed".

A deliberately skewed political interpretation of the period.

This is the classic line employed by the SWP leadership against squadism, that the sheer weight of numbers of the 'anti-racist movement' was enough to see off the far-right. The counter-argument is that it was the successes of these small groups of anti-fascist militants in street battles against the fascists that was providing the space for such a 'broader movement against racism' to develop.

Nothing deliberately skewed at all. That is the political interpretation of the period in France, as depicted in the film posted. I'm not taking away from how important anti-fascist militants played in creating a space for a broader movement against racism to develop, both in France and also here in the UK. A small group of 100 anti-fascist militants based in Paris were the beginnings, much broader forces, than a hundred or so militants are needed to make it impossible for fascists gangs to control the streets as before. A huge cultural shift, involving thousands of mainly young people was the key in the final analysis.

Still on the historical theme, the Resistance's own filmed account of the uprising that led to the liberation of Paris ...

"All in French, no English subtitles, but fucking brilliant all the same. More Dead Nazis , s'il vous plait!" - Barry Norman

The early part of the film is very good, it's all show from the Yanks and the Free French at the end. Most of the city had already been effectively liberated by the Resistance.

Back
Top Bottom