Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anti fascist killed by fascists in Paris last night

Somebody tried singing La Marseillaise after but everyone ignored it and sang the Internationale instead. That's the kind of booboo I'm afraid I'd make tbh.

Somebody tried singing La Marseillaise after but everyone ignored it and sang the Internationale instead. That's the kind of booboo I'm afraid I'd make tbh.

Ironically La Marseillaise, historically a revolutionary/leftist anthem has become, especially for many on the French left, a song inextricably linked with the FN.

It's a little more 'forceful' than resign which in French is resigner or demissioner.
That's right yes, got confused for a sec.
Ironically La Marseillaise, historically a revolutionary/leftist anthem has become, especially for many on the French left, a song inextricably linked with the FN.
And Le Chant des Partisans was composed by a white russian toff.

What's that the guy in the grey striped shirt keeps yelling at about 1.25?
A lot of French style booing, then two informal but nonsweary synonyms ("degages!" and "vas-t'en!") for "get out of here!".

Here is an English translation, which can be sung to the same tune:
My friend, do you hear the dark flight of the crows over our plains?
My friend, do you hear the dulled cries of our countries in chains?
Oh, friends, do you hear, workers, farmers, in your ears alarm bells ringing?
Tonight all our tears will be turned to tongues of flame in our blood singing!
Climb up from the mine, out from hiding in the pines, all you comrades,
Take out from the hay all your guns, your munitions and your grenades;
Hey you, assassins, with your bullets and your knives, kill tonight!
Hey you, saboteurs, be careful with your burden, dynamite!
We are the ones who break the jail bars in two for our brothers,
hunger drives, hate pursues, misery binds us to one another.
There are countries where people sleep without a care and lie dreaming.
But here, do you see, we march on, we kill on, we die screaming.
But here, each one knows what he wants, what he does with his choice;
My friend, if you fall, from the shadows on the wall, another steps into your place.
Tomorrow, black blood shall dry out in the sunlight on the streets.
But sing, companions, freedom hears us in the night still so sweet.
My friend, do you hear the dark flight of the crows over our plains?
My friend, do you hear the dulled cries of our countries in chains?

Spanish press reporting that it's a spanish neo nazi skinhead who was responsible for the death. Apparently the group handed themselves in.

The question is what these spanish fash were doing in Paris. Were they there for the recent political activity against gay marraige?

thanks to spains chronic youth unemployment half of spain has decamped to both Paris and Berlin . The irony is they were most likely immigrants, out to take the jobs,benefits etc etc . The very type of person the lad they murdered would have stood up for against the right .

RT news have been giving this murder prominent coverage from the outset, even before the poor lad died . Fast becoming my favourite news outlet for its unashamed left wing perspective on a lot of stories.

http://rt.com/news/brain-dead-activist-paris-316/

http://rt.com/news/clement-meric-protests-fascism-351/

I'm not taking the piss? Why do you come to that conclusion?

A young man was brutally murdered by thugs. It's tragic. Especially seeing it happen in a country like France.

Just leave me alone for goodness sake.
A young man was brutally murdered by fascist thugs. You name yourself after the most famous domestic fascist. And you chose to post on this thread with that name knowing full well how it would be taken and what an insult to the memory of the dead anti fascist it would be.

And this after people here trying to help you with your family problems during the last week. Pm a mod to get your name changed and don't come back on this thread until you have. And grow up and show some respect.

A young man was brutally murdered by fascist thugs. You name yourself after the most famous domestic fascist. And you chose to post on this thread with that name knowing full well how it would be taken and what an insult to the memory of the dead anti fascist it would be.

And this after people here trying to help you with your family problems during the last week. Pm a mod to get your name changed and don't come back on this thread until you have. And grow up and show some respect.

Well your username offends me if it's referring to the union jack! I don't make you change yours!

You insinuate I'm not genuine when I am I care for people this story breaks my heart there's no agenda behind it at all.

I will change my name but not because of you out of respect to the rest of the community who have respectfully suggested I do so.

Back
Top Bottom