Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 - fantastic noise cancelling headphones for around £40-£50

Anker liked my review so they're sending me a pair of these to test

I don't think I'm going to get on with totally wireless earbuds - I'm convinced one will fall out of my ear and it will be game over - but I'll give them a go and report back!

I've just bought the TaoTronics equivalent of those. Tenner off they other day making them about half the price of the Ankers on the day.

Using them now for the first bus journey home. Very loud and doing Motorhead justice. Using the medium size buds that came attached. No drop out of ear incidents so far :D

Am more concerned about losing one through misplacing it or summat.

Last edited:
Home now. They didn't fall out despite going from a warm office to a cold outdoors, then onto a hot bus, then walk in the cold, then into the house. I was more concerned about temp changes making ears/buds shrink or expand but they were fine.

I can't recall all the touch commands yet so I kept making them do things I didn't want them to do. I found not touching them difficult for some reason.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wireless Headphones [2019 upgrade], TaoTronics True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Earphones SoundLiberty 53 Earbuds IPX7 Waterproof 40H Playtime Easy-pair Smart Touch Control Stereo Sound with Built-in Mic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P5XQBGF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oYtyEb04KC99X

Still £28 if you apply the voucher
Seeing as I own both the Anker cheapo earbuds and the even cheaper TaoTronics ones, I can say that both offer remarkable value for money, but the Anker ones are clearly much better sounding - so much so that I'd definitely recommend people to pay the extra tenner or whatever.

I'm using my TaoTronics as back ups now so I leave them in my bag.

Seeing as I own both the Anker cheapo earbuds and the even cheaper TaoTronics ones, I can say that both offer remarkable value for money, but the Anker ones are clearly much better sounding - so much so that I'd definitely recommend people to pay the extra tenner or whatever.

I'm using my TaoTronics as back ups now so I leave them in my bag.

For the money I'm very impressed so far - went for the cheaper with discount option as it is the first time I've had anything like this and was expecting to be returning them if I am honest but I reckon they're keepers.

I find my cans harder to keep in place than my old ear buds. They mostly fell out if the wire was tugged!

Anker liked my review so they're sending me a pair of these to test

I don't think I'm going to get on with totally wireless earbuds - I'm convinced one will fall out of my ear and it will be game over - but I'll give them a go and report back!

I can't wait for to get blown away that they don't move regardless of how much you hake your head and wonder how you ever coped with cables.

Have moved office snd in the market for noise cancelling ones as there is a lot of bickering in this office. I want airpod pros as I'll use them while on the train too, however want to wait until I find a deal for £200. So at £37 thanks for the heads up Throbbing Angel I'll use these as interims, and maybe not even bother with the Airpod Pros if they do the business.

So I got the AirPod Pros last week with a significant discount of £100 off. Even so, still pricey.

You know what, These Ankers do the active noise cancellation better than the Airpod Pros. There you go. I said it. A £40-£50 pair of headphones does a better job than the £250 Airpod Pros at ANC. Obviously the Ankers have the advantage of completely over ear, but still. If you prefer cans than buds. There you go!

Still hate having cans on me when I'm commuting and rarely have the ANC on anyway unless someone is really fucking loud on the train or a nasty noisy Diesel is on the opposite platform idling away. But when I'm in the office I love the Ankers to block out my new colleagues moanings.

The AirPod Pros are still great headphones, but I won't bother blabbing about what is good as this isn't the thread for it. But yeah Anker. Good job.

Well these have being seeing a lot of use lately and about a week or so ago became noticeably shoogly. Then two nights ago I was listening to them before bed, I was lying in my back though drifting off and I suppose my head could have turned a bit, and the arm actually snapped off! Anker are replacing them, which is nice, but I'm no longer so impressed by the build quality.

DSC_0015.JPG

Now to try and fix the broken ones so I have a spare pair lol.

I've broken so many headphones in bed. If I need to listen to something to help me drift off I only use the cheapest pair I can find, which sadly these days has to be a bluetooth pair, but even so at least it means I don't need my phone under the pillow any more either.

The anker pair of sports style buds ones have lasted a good couple of years now so can't complain, I'd probably have broken the shell of at least a couple pair of full wired ones in that time.

I looked at these last week and decided £51.99 was too much, but I've just bought some at this reduced price.

I definitely don't want "100% more bass" but looking forward to not getting the cable caught on things and yanking my headphones and my phone across the room.

Hey editor Mrs B picked up a pair for £36.39 on the dreaded Amazon ("Black Friday") deal today! :D

She got them on the strength of your review...no pressure. :D

Did they arrive?

Mine were shipped by Amazon from Italy for some reason, but then the tracking lost track of them and is currently saying if they don't magically arrive today I will get a refund. :(

Did they arrive?

Mine were shipped by Amazon from Italy for some reason, but then the tracking lost track of them and is currently saying if they don't magically arrive today I will get a refund. :(
Yeah, Mrs B's turned up from Italy; sorry to hear yours have gone awol:(

Prob won't help me saying, but she loves them...and can't hear a word I'm saying:D

So Amazon refunded my order of £36.39 and now I face having to buy it at the full price of £51.99, not sure whether it's worth that much....

In case anyone else is currently in a similar position I notice on Amazon.de it's reduced from €59.99 to €43.44 with shipping at €4.48 which totals approx £47.92 🤔

Last edited:
So Amazon refunded my order of £36.39 and now I face having to buy it at the full price of £51.99, not sure whether it's worth that much....

In case anyone else is currently in a similar position I notice on Amazon.de it's reduced from €59.99 to €43.44 with shipping at €4.48 which totals approx £44.37 🤔
Sorry to hear that platinumsage :(

Mrs B says, yes they are but felt bad when i told her your tale.

In case anyone else is currently in a similar position I notice on Amazon.de it's reduced from €59.99 to €43.44 with shipping at €4.48 which totals approx £47.92 🤔
That jump up and down in price all the time as you can probably gather from this thread.

Set an alert up on CamelCamelCamel

Well, I ordered it from Amazon.de and its due tomorrow, shipped from Peterborough. :hmm:

I would have loved to have it already because annoying neighbour is doing very annoying droning DIY stuff with a sander, for which I should imagine some noise cancelling would work wonders.

edit: delivered just now :eek: :cool:

Last edited:
They're great for what I bought them for: listening to speech while doing stuff around the house. The noise cancelling does the job. On my rowing machine I can't the roar of the air coming out, only the seat sliding back and forth which is much diminished. Compared to my previous set-up of wired headphones they're so much less hassle I was laughing to my myself the first time I used them

When in the kitchen doing some cooking it totally cancels the roar of the extractor and boiling kettle, the microwave and dishwasher etc. Previously these things would make most speech coming from the tiny radio on the shelf inaudible. I now feel much more relaxed. However I need to be careful because I can't hear whether the gas hobs are on, or if anything is boiling over, or burning the bottom of the pan!

I wouldn't use them for running on a treadmill. They're too heavy and would wiggle around my head. This combined with the noise cancelling makes for some nasty artifacts.

Music - Comparing them to my over-ear £55 AKG-K451's, they're nowhere near as good, lacking mid-range, adding reverb and making it seem like singers have been socially distanced over there -> in a perspex box. I actually prefer my £9.99 JVC HA-S160s.

In wired mode the noise cancelling appears to try and cancel the actual thing your listening to, so is unusable.

Overall worth the money if you know what you want from them, but I wouldn't call them all-rounders.

This week's Anker newsletter with discounts included - all via Amazon as usual

I'm currently hammering my Soundcore LIfe P2 buds - can recommend - had them since October and love them - currently £30 after an £8 discount on Amazon. Use them much more than my Q20's or my Bose over-ear headphones. They fit my ears so well that they passively noise cancel so well, I miss stuff being shouted at me at home by Mrs A when I am listening to an audiobook at about 50% volume.

Is there a thread about Amazon Echo buds anywhere? I can't find one of there is.

Down from £120 to £60 atm. And you can pay £12 a month for 5 months!
Any Good? Love my Anker P2's - am wondering if these are gonna be better what with them having Bose noise cancelling.
Completely different shape, though, to the P2's.

I use Amazon/Audible and Spotify which they work with - not much of an Alexa user as everything is on Google for me.

Opinionatron 5000 is go.

Back
Top Bottom