Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 - fantastic noise cancelling headphones for around £40-£50

Hmm. They are pretty good, but, and this may be an odd but because my hearing is weird anyway. So for example I can't hear myself typing this message out right now, but I can the guy behind me tapping away and messing about with his desk and keys.

As I say my hearing is weird, battered from years of clubbing and standing next to speakers. I have mild tinnitus and being out in crowded places is always a problem with me because I struggle to hear the conversations of the people I'm actually standing next too, but can hear the conversation of a group of people a couple of tables away will be having perfectly.

I guess until I actually try some high end noise cancelling ones out will I know if it's down to me or not.

In what way would something like the Sony WH-1000xM3 be justifably £200+ better than this model? I love these headphones, I don't even use the NC on them.

I wonder the same.

I have a pair of Bose wired headphones that have ANC and they aren't 3 times as noise cancelly even though they were 3x as much as the Soundcores.

They are better and they are very comfy but not 3x as comfy/better. I uses them at home and on long journeys as they don't rinse my battery life.

Just been wondering around with them on. Can barely hear traffic, but can hear the sound of wheels on the road. Which is kind of a good thing I guess. Not long wondered into a cafe and when I took them off I was surprised at just how much noise they had cancelled out, pretty much all of it. So yeah, for £50 this are not bad, not bad at all. At £37 deal of the day price, they are a steal!

Very pleased with mine. Great for cancelling out phone call wankers on the bus or screaming children when out shopping. Still can't believe the quality for the price.

I'm a big fan of Anker. I don't have these headphones as they came out after I bought my Plantronics, but I do have a couple of pairs of Anker earbuds, a powerbank, bluetooth speakers, and a torch. Excellent quality kit for the money. My first port of call for leccy kit.

I'm a big fan of Anker. I don't have these headphones as they came out after I bought my Plantronics, but I do have a couple of pairs of Anker earbuds, a powerbank, bluetooth speakers, and a torch. Excellent quality kit for the money. My first port of call for leccy kit.
I have quite a few bits of their gear. It's spot on, and their customer service is excellent. Probably the best company I've ever dealt with. I bought a soundcore 2 Bluetooth speaker from them on Amazon, and I wasn't overly impressed with it. I wrote a review, expressing my thoughts, and Anker contacted me, asked for my address and sent me a Soundcore Boost, FOC.

I have quite a few bits of their gear. It's spot on, and their customer service is excellent. Probably the best company I've ever dealt with. I bought a soundcore 2 Bluetooth speaker from them on Amazon, and I wasn't overly impressed with it. I wrote a review, expressing my thoughts, and Anker contacted me, asked for my address and sent me a Soundcore Boost, FOC.

I've got one of them. Maybe I should try it. Why did you say in the review? :hmm:

Bugger. My current buds have been bzzing for a couple of days so I thought I'd look at these. £48 is cheapest I can see today. :(
Go direct to the anker site and there's a £7 discount on there.

Bugger. My current buds have been bzzing for a couple of days so I thought I'd look at these. £48 is cheapest I can see today. :(

or set up a CamelCamelCamel alert if you can wait a wee while for the price to drop again

AND - sign up on Anker's website - they're always emailing discounts out

I got some of these recently based on the reviews here. I had always heard (ha!) very good stuff about noise cancelling headphones, but assumed you had to pay a small fortune for them. These are fantastic! Used them on a flight recently and I basically slept until touchdown with these on, pure bliss.

Thanks for the recommendation editor!

I ordered some yesterday as my current headphones are old, scruffy, have stopped working several times and are pretty much on their last legs. Can't wait for them to arrive!

I wanted to share the love, so wrote a review and added a few of the positive comments from here (and included a lin back so maybe we'll get more people commenting). Hope that's OK

What is it that changed your mind about Anker products since you posted this:

I hope it doesn't go wrong after 18 months as Anker are total wankers.

I read plenty of positive reviews and decided to give them another go, and I'm glad I did. Pays to keep an open mind.
I couldn't agree more. I think their products are excellent value for money, and their customer service is second to none.
I've been buying from them for years, and have never dealt with a better, more professional company, and, in my experience, their customer service really is second to none. They even went as far as re-tooling at one factory, based on a test I carried out on one of their USB leads, which is why I couldn't get my head around your assertion that "Anker are total wankers."

I read plenty of positive reviews and decided to give them another go, and I'm glad I did. Pays to keep an open mind.

How long have you had the new ones?

Getting increasingly fucked off with cheap electronics that last six months and end up in the bin with a new pair making their way over from China.

How long have you had the new ones?

Getting increasingly fucked off with cheap electronics that last six months and end up in the bin with a new pair making their way over from China.
I haven't had them long so disaster may strike, but they seem really well built and I didn't see much comment about them fucking up when I looked online (notwithstanding the vast amount of fake reviews online). I thought it was worth a punt for £39 or whatever.

or set up a CamelCamelCamel alert if you can wait a wee while for the price to drop again

AND - sign up on Anker's website - they're always emailing discounts out

Thanks, just got these for £38 with help from camel peeps. :thumbs:

Been listening to a lot of Dub Reggae through these recently, goodness me are they up for the challenge. I sometimes have to take them off to check I’M not noise polluting the surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom