Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 - fantastic noise cancelling headphones for around £40-£50

The deal is still on. Quite tempted to get a pair of Q20s for my partner. She's far from an audiophile, but the noise cancelling would be helpful. How good is it. Would it make a busy office less noisy?

The deal is still on. Quite tempted to get a pair of Q20s for my partner. She's far from an audiophile, but the noise cancelling would be helpful. How good is it. Would it make a busy office less noisy?
It works far better on constant noises than sudden ones. For instance road noise almost disappears but speech is still clearly audible.

Yes, you lose the drone of the office but not close by voices. But they are quieter.

I'm in a govt office call centre and you lose the vast majority of the office noise. But someone on the phone next to you, not so much, just quieter. But if you have music on, even quietly, you lose almost everything from the office.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I have taken a punt. I think just wearing them will cut out some noise as she listens to her lowfi.

What swung it for me is they can be cabled as well as Bluetooth so she can have them linked to her phone, but plugged into a work lap of needed.

Q30's are down in price today in my Amazon app from 79.99 to 49.

These are the previous iteration

May be worth a look if you're in the market for a pair of NC cans atm.

I've never used the 30's but, logically, they are ten better than the 20's ... or something.

Screenshot_20230925-102614.png

Sorry don't have the focus to read through the whole thread. My daughter is after some affordable noise cancelling headphones, she has sensory differences. These look good, are these recommended by the neurodivergent people on here?

I rate them Red Cat I can't speak for the higher-numbered models, but the Q20's are good. They have a micro USB charge point if that matters to you or your daughter. All the others are usb-C. It is a minor point.

The main thing I dislike about them is that the earcups are round rather than oval, so I find they hurt/bother me after a while - but I have massive ears - so your daughter's mileage may vary. I can manage 90 minutes before I have to give my ear lobes a rest.

These discounts above have passed now but there are vouchers on the relevant Amazon pages for the Q20's , Q20i's and Q30's today of varying %. (15, 20 and 25% respectively)

They also have refurbished Q20's for £39.99 minus 10% voucher and you still get a 12 month warranty from Amazon.

Got a pair of these a few days ago, they're not bad and mainly used for winter travelling, also have to say the Anker CS is pretty good too, had a pair of 3i earbuds and the left one went faulty after 8 months of daily use, went through all the standard "have you tried this?" stuff in back and forth emails but eventually they did replace them under warranty. :oldthumbsup:

Sorry don't have the focus to read through the whole thread. My daughter is after some affordable noise cancelling headphones, she has sensory differences. These look good, are these recommended by the neurodivergent people on here?
Yes! Bought some for me, was so impressed I bought some for my partner. Absolute bliss for supermarket shopping, busy public transport, concentrating on work. Such a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom