Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 - fantastic noise cancelling headphones for around £40-£50

I am sitting here in blissful silence while my DIY-crazy neighbour is spending the entire afternoon in his garden sanding down his homemade bench using his shitty whiny little sander. Can't hear a thing with my Q20s on whereas earlier I could think of nothing else other than various we he might accidentally permanently disable himself, like if he sanded both his arms off or blinded himself. Now I could forget he's even there.

My Q20s have finally snapped (my fault) and looks like I'm going to have to shell out forty quid for new ones. However there are now Q30s for fifty quid. Has anyone tried them. Are they likely to be worth an extra tenner?

I am sitting here in blissful silence while my DIY-crazy neighbour is spending the entire afternoon in his garden sanding down his homemade bench using his shitty whiny little sander. Can't hear a thing with my Q20s on whereas earlier I could think of nothing else other than various we he might accidentally permanently disable himself, like if he sanded both his arms off or blinded himself. Now I could forget he's even there.
You should send that review to Anker.

I still rate the Anker P2 buds after owning a pair for almost 2 years.

Currently at their lowest price of £24.99. They drop to this now and then.

Bought a pair, just tried them and I’m massively disappointed. No bass at all. Just sound odd to me.
Am I missing something?

Tried my twenty year old pair of crappy Sony in ears and the bass is there. Full range, sound good. :confused:

Eta.... ok, I was missing something.

The tips that came on them were loose in my ear and sounded poop as a result. I went straight for the largest as at a recent hearing test, they had to keep increasing the size of the earphone tip in order to get a proper seal.
I have since reduced by one size and I can now hear decent sound. Yes, they sound really good but with the slightly smaller tip they are not as snug and I feel I might lose one.
I shall experiment further.

Definitely worth 25 quid.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

Last edited:
there's a new model of these, Q30, $80 on Amazon. I'm in the market for noise-cancelling, I have some Amazon dollars, I may spring for them but if anyone has tried them please to tell how you like them.

there's a new model of these, Q30, $80 on Amazon. I'm in the market for noise-cancelling, I have some Amazon dollars, I may spring for them but if anyone has tried them please to tell how you like them.
I have the Q30s after breaking two pairs of Q20s. Performance is very similar and they have lived through one serious attempt on their physical integrity by my son. The weak spot that I cracked on two Q20s seems to have been redesigned.

If you want noise cancelling because of misophonia or noisy neighbours then it's worth pointing out that they are excellent at removing continuous noises like traffic or airplane hum but don't work so well with sudden noises or talking. I believe this is true of most noise cancelling devices.

I'm 90% sure petee has me on ignore (along with half the boards) so not sure why I wrote that.

Might be worth looking for a deal on the Q45s if noise cancelling is really important

So I'm very much enjoying the Q45s - sound quality is noticeably a notch or two up, the various noise cancelling options are handy but what I really like is that I can be connected to two devices at once - so if I'm listening to music on my phone but want to listen to a YouTube video on my laptop, there's no faffing about.

So I'm very much enjoying the Q45s - sound quality is noticeably a notch or two up, the various noise cancelling options are handy but what I really like is that I can be connected to two devices at once - so if I'm listening to music on my phone but want to listen to a YouTube video on my laptop, there's no faffing about.

My Q20s do that, I thought most headphones did tbh.

I never managed to work that out if they did - you mean that both are connected with you having to do nothing to switch? My Beats earphones can't do it.

Yeah, I never worked anything out it's just what they do. Maybe an Apple vs Android thing. I'm always having to disconnect one of my two devices because I get unwanted audio from it while I'm trying to listen to something on the other one. Highly annoying :D

20% off voucher showing on my Amazon app today for the Q20s

That's quite cool. I bought a wireless gaming headset today (very second but also cheap) for when I'm working from home and I want to get up and grab something on a long call. Hoped I could use them with the TV as well, but turns out they are 2.4 Ghz rather then Bluetooth, so I'll probably have to get another pair for that!

Do the Q20s get hot tho? I would love proper headphones but my ears get unnecessarily hot for some reason. Have a suggestion from a guy with sensory issues, particularly around his ears on some other ones but they are way more expensive.

Do the Q20s get hot tho? I would love proper headphones but my ears get unnecessarily hot for some reason. Have a suggestion from a guy with sensory issues, particularly around his ears on some other ones but they are way more expensive.
I never found that a problem at all.

I never found that a problem at all.
Brilliant, I really want better than ear buds can provide but seem to get ridiculously hot around the ears with full can models. Noise cancelling I feel will be very important working from home with the windows all open during the summer and kids at home nearby.

Not that I'm in the market for these atm, but, I can see the new price £36, but I don't have a voucher on laptop or the app :confused:

fyi more than anything
The voucher is on the Q30s, bit the q20s and should show just below the price. I suppose it could be prime customers only or something. Worth keeping an eye out for though, they're designed so that the headline price doesn't change so apps like camel camel don't pick up on price changes.

I just got myself the q20s again. I have some Q30s that ate better but I appreciated the case the q20s came in. Much better for traveling and commuting.

The voucher is on the Q30s, bit the q20s and should show just below the price. I suppose it could be prime customers only or something. Worth keeping an eye out for though, they're designed so that the headline price doesn't change so apps like camel camel don't pick up on price changes.

I just got myself the q20s again. I have some Q30s that ate better but I appreciated the case the q20s came in. Much better for traveling and commuting.

Sorry - should have said - no voucher on either of the Q20 or Q30 for me. I've mainly posted this in case anyone else sees the same behaviour on Amazon.

I've bought a pair of headphones and a pair of wired buds, both from other brands, recently. Is that why they haven't vouchered me up? Because their algorithms know I'm not in the market for them?

Sorry - should have said - no voucher on either of the Q20 or Q30 for me. I've mainly posted this in case anyone else sees the same behaviour on Amazon.

I've bought a pair of headphones and a pair of wired buds, both from other brands, recently. Is that why they haven't vouchered me up? Because their algorithms know I'm not in the market for them?
Voucher no longer there on my one either. Was definitely there at 5am or whenever I posted. May have been a very temporary offer and withdrawn when sales going well anyway.

Back
Top Bottom