Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angels

There may be things beyond our understanding. What are they? Fuck knows, because by definition they're beyond our understanding.

You, meanwhile, know all about them, because you have a hotline to the Big Kahuna, courtesy of the traditions of a church you believe in for no better reason than that you were spawned into it. You are blessed beyond compare.
Thank you. More than I deserve, certainly...

Sea angels:
sea-angels-tr20-0137-composite.jpg

9.jpg.webp

1727900509269.jpeg

I believe Angels, good and bad, exist. Let’s discuss
What would you like us to discuss? Your belief in angels? I don’t see the point in discussing that. You believe what you believe.

My disbelief in literal angels? Again, very little point in discussing that.

I don’t know where “oh yes it is; oh no it isn’t” will get us.

Angels appear in many different ways and manners in many different cultures. Literature, art, theology, etc.

But if the subject is too frightening to the maintenance of your cynical rejection of faith, so be it...

What would you like us to discuss? Your belief in angels? I don’t see the point in discussing that. You believe what you believe.

My disbelief in literal angels? Again, very little point in discussing that.

I don’t know where “oh yes it is; oh no it isn’t” will get us.
If you don't want to respond, just don't click on the thread.

Angels appear in many different ways and manners in many different cultures. Literature, art, theology, etc.

But if the subject is too frightening to the maintenance of your cynical rejection of faith, so be it...
So do unicorns. Doesn't mean they are real. :hmm:

I’ve had at least one experience with angels I’ll share

One snowy, icy night I was driving home

I was driving just a little too fast for conditions, lost steering control and slid off the road

The car was still moving fast with no braking power due to the ice
There was nothing ahead of me except for one tree which without doubt I was going to hit at high speed

I saw a giant hand through the windshield directly ahead of me. The car stopped , I backed up got back on the road

I believe that was the hand of an Angel that stopped my car
Well, you are blessed indeed that an Angel/God considered your life more worthy of saving than the children gassed in the extermination camps in the 1940s, or the kids dying in the Gaza Strip.

Back
Top Bottom