Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel pub on Coldharbour Lane becomes arty community space run by Brick Box

I hope you advised him to take a basic course in art and graphics.
have you (or you snidey liker maggot) got anything nice to say about ed offering to do a poster for them after all your harranging and pisstaking? and how have either of you got involved? :hmm:

have you (or you snidey liker maggot) got anything nice to say about ed offering to do a poster for them after all your harranging and pisstaking? and how have either of you got involved? :hmm:
I think editor's offering to do the poster for them was a nice gesture and goes some way to make up for his constant haranguing of Brick Box, and his spreading of misinformation. Of course, it depends to some extent what he actually sent them. If he genuinely sent them a helpful poster design then it is a very bad show that they have not responded or acknowledged.
I have done nothing to get involved other than to spend a little time defending them from some of the inaccurate accusations being thrown around on the internet, even though I have plenty of reservations about what they are doing.
In any case, being middle class and living more than 100 metres from the venue means that I am not part of the community that a community arts venue is allowed to interact with, so it's probably best that I don't become complicit in their evil plans. I'm surprised Ed has, actually.

I hope this answers your questions.

I think editor's offering to do the poster for them was a nice gesture and goes some way to make up for his constant haranguing of Brick Box, and his spreading of misinformation. Of course, it depends to some extent what he actually sent them. If he genuinely sent them a helpful poster design then it is a very bad show that they have not responded or acknowledged.
I have done nothing to get involved other than to spend a little time defending them from some of the inaccurate accusations being thrown around on the internet, even though I have plenty of reservations about what they are doing.
In any case, being middle class and living more than 100 metres from the venue means that I am not part of the community that a community arts venue is allowed to interact with, so it's probably best that I don't become complicit in their evil plans. I'm surprised Ed has, actually.

I hope this answers your questions.
did you write that with crossed arms or your tongue out?
another pathetic wriggle and series of digs either way

Of course, it depends to some extent what he actually sent them. If he genuinely sent them a helpful poster design then it is a very bad show that they have not responded or acknowledged.
What, you thought I'd send them a shit poster on purpose? Jeez. What a prick you are.

For the record, they wrote back this afternoon and responded to an edit I'd suggested. I then amended the poster, sentd it off to them and it should be visible in their windows in a few days after the current exhibition is finished.

What, you thought I'd send them a shit poster on purpose? Jeez. What a prick you are.

For the record, they wrote back this afternoon and responded to an edit I'd suggested. I then amended the poster, sentd it off to them and it should be visible in their windows in a few days after the current exhibition is finished.

What was the edit you suggested?

Why are you so concerned about a former pub 150 miles away (and in a different country) from where you live?
You live miles from the pub too so he's just as entitled to an opinion as you.

Any chance of getting back on topic now?

All the bits that weren't in the original little poster. The last suggestion was adding a way for people not on-line to make contact.
Fair enough. I didn't think you would have sent them a "shit poster". I wondered if you might have sent them a poster that presented them as something other than what they themselves want to be presented as. This was based on the fact that you seem to have an objection to, almost literally, everything they do.

Fair enough. I didn't think you would have sent them a "shit poster". I wondered if you might have sent them a poster that presented them as something other than what they themselves want to be presented as.
Then that would be a shit poster too.

Why are you so concerned about a former pub 150 miles away (and in a different country) from where you live?
what the fuck has it got to do with you?

and if you actually read the thread you could have got an idea

Of course, what Brick Box need now is another poster in the window next to this one listing the dates, times and descriptions of all their forthcoming events, along with details of admission charges. Although the new poster does a good job of telling people about the venture, there's no details about actual events.

As ever, I will be happy to help.

It just seems gloriously pointless and feels more like an advert for something or another.
Regarding Will Self - he could have done something significant to enhance the memorial plaque commemorating the Brixton Bombing. Anyway God got him in the end - half his house fell down a couple of months ago.
Shows what happens when arrivistes take over terraces of Victorian houses without a clue to long term maintenance. A bit like Ujima really!

Just walked past and got chatting to an old pub regular who was failing to see the 'art.'
I walked past at 4.45 pm and chatted to THREE old regulars who live in a shoebox outside the Lambeth MiniMart.
They proudly told me Prince Charles had been down - but chortled when I said I hope to God no Lambeth Council money had gone into the venture.
The trouble with Brixton men of the old school is they are basically very servile - RAF etc in WWII. They even act deferentially to Prince Charles in Muppet Mode.
The only hope for the country is to change the law and have Princess Anne take over. She is the only one with any brains in the Royal Family. And we all know how we love strong women - Jamaican people even more so.
Princess Anne would never have been taken in by all this talking about plants in the window of the pub at 10 in the morning - and waving royally to George Walters. She would have invited him in for a cup of tea. Like civilised Brixtonians used to do before Yuppies, Filofax and Lotus Organiser!

Back
Top Bottom