Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel pub on Coldharbour Lane becomes arty community space run by Brick Box

Oh yes, I think something knocked up quickly in Word would be much better.

Are you thinking comic sans, with some clipart?

ideally it should be an A0 poster with proper bold readable fonts, failing that A2/A3 to fit in a window/on door
are you going to wriggle and poopoo that suggestion too?

Oh yes, I think something knocked up quickly in Word would be much better.

Are you thinking comic sans, with some clipart?
You don't think anyone involved in an arts organisation who believe that "the arts can provide transformative tools and essential inspiration in order to improve social, emotional, economic and cultural health for all," is capable of even making a simple poster? In three months?!

You've lost it completely, mate.

This whole thread is actually being curated by the Brickbox as the latest part of their innovative, telepathic, community-generated creative challenge series. Already teuchter has been enabled to flex his creative muscles....more will surely follow....until the inevitable Poster-Off competition which will be held at the Urban Art Fair this weekend :)

I hereby publicly make myself available as executive freelance creative consultant for the Brick Box's challenging 'Angel Window Poster' project.

In this role, I will be happy to assist them in the process of creating a simple, basic informative poster that will achieve the thus-far unattainable goal of passing on useful information to the local community in a clear, concise and readable manner.

If anyone from Brick Box would like to contact me with their proposed copy and design, I will be happy to edit the text so it stands some chance of actually engaging with passers-by, and advise them on how to make a poster that doesn't look like it was created by a bashful 12 year old.

I'm not going to physically make the poster myself though because they already have a vast team of creatives at their disposal who am I'm sure will be able to find all the necessary material needed by the bins.

I hereby publicly make myself available as executive freelance creative consultant for the Brick Box's challenging 'Angel Window Poster' project.

In this role, I will be happy to assist them in the process of creating a simple, basic informative poster that will achieve the thus-far unattainable goal of passing on useful information to the local community in a clear, concise and readable manner.

If anyone from Brick Box would like to contact me with their proposed copy and design, I will be happy to edit the text so it stands some chance of actually engaging with passers-by, and advise them on how to make a poster that doesn't look like it was created by a bashful 12 year old.

I'm not going to physically make the poster myself though because they already have a vast team of creatives at their disposal who am I'm sure will be able to find all the necessary material needed by the bins.

Why not drop them an email, they've already invited people can to.

oh come on ed! they are sooooo busy they need people to knock their door and offer them help, they are creatives and can't do lateral/logical thinking!
it is really really lazy of you not to keep knocking and wait patiently with a laptop, printer and paper until they answer and agree to let you in to help them. :(

ideally it should be an A0 poster with proper bold readable fonts, failing that A2/A3 to fit in a window/on door
are you going to wriggle and poopoo that suggestion too?

It is bigger than my A4 /brixton Mural walk poster... :( (has poster size envy)

wow! :eek: they are forgiven and their marketing is BRILLIANT!!

can you have a word and get them to make it legible?

I haven't had a problem reading it. Poster design is quite interesting in terms of actually getting people to notice things. I always put FREE in biggest letters. Still, it hasn't been where the mural walk traffic has come from.

Don't you understand, you peasant? :mad: :mad:

The poster is obviously in the style of the Art naif movement, which took its' lead from the writings and drawings of children!

You common people are SO ignorant! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom