Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amir Khan and the conspiracy of the Peterson fight

tbf: to Khan, I have the utmost of respect for the guy... he is not a 'whinger'... he has a fair point to make....
he does a heap of stuff supporting the amateurs and have had the pleasure of meeting him whilst he was visiting a few local clubs over here.. well grounded guy imo....

Nice to see you post handy1, been quite a while since we spoke about boxing :)

Your man wasn't a judge tho'.

yup,, but as khan points out... IF it was anyone else there would n should have been a kerfuffle.... its a big no no in sporting terms to distract the judges.....
I forgot it took 10mins to announce the result.... thats kinda weird in itself as anyone here who has been about a ring or follows the sport might know????

He wasn't a judge.

Also, I follow the sport more than most possibly, and 10 minutes isn't a massive ammount of time before the cards are presented.

tbf: to Khan, I have the utmost of respect for the guy... he is not a 'whinger'... he has a fair point to make....
he does a heap of stuff supporting the amateurs and have had the pleasure of meeting him whilst he was visiting a few local clubs over here.. well grounded guy imo....
Be that as it may, it's a sideshow to the fact that he was clearly beaten by Peterson.

Like you, I have a lot of time for Amir Khan. But he lost. All this other stuff just makes him look a bit of a dick. It's probably not too good for his career either, in terms of US fanbase. Unless he's going for the Michael Bisping English Villain angle I suppose.

Be that as it may, it's a sideshow to the fact that he was clearly beaten by Peterson.

Like you, I have a lot of time for Amir Khan. But he lost. All this other stuff just makes him look a bit of a dick. It's probably not too good for his career either, in terms of US fanbase. Unless he's going for the Michael Bisping English Villain angle I suppose.
perhaps.. though not on the margin given by the cards imo...... i've normally seen judges leaning to the side of the champion... they by all a/cs were underscoring him... thats amir's fault too as had he threw more punches and stop dancing he would have shaded the decision...

amir is a fighter... he needs hyped up.... tbh im glad to see him pushing to sort it out in the ring.... he always was just too 'nice'..... im glad to see him pumped n training like mad for a proper rematch.....

Amir is a proper champion in the making imo...... of course the promoters need the hype.......

Forget the fight. What happened here? Why have the WBA reacted so?

been awhile till anyone in the UK were concerned about 'boxing politics' after lennox quit :p
its still as corrupt as ever....
lest we forget....
don_king_prizefighter_logo2.png

Nice to see you post handy1, been quite a while since we spoke about boxing :)

Hi Tony,no we have not'hope you and yours are well :). No he was not a judge,nor was the judge if he was not watching.

i like Khan. But he is a bit of a dimwit. And really hate that bolton accent.

Most annoying of all is he refuses to ever contemplate fighting Manny simply because they are good friends and he doesnt want to put Freddy Roach in a difficult position (despite Roach clearly stating he would always be in Manny's corner) :rolleyes:

Most annoying of all is he refuses to ever contemplate fighting Manny simply because they are good friends and he doesnt want to put Freddy Roach in a difficult position (despite Roach clearly stating he would always be in Manny's corner) :rolleyes:

Sounds sensible from him.

Sounds sensible from him.

Why? As a boxer you should be aiming to fight the best. Manny is one of the best. How silly for a boxer to be fighting in the same era as one of the best athletes in boxing history and have no desire to get in the same ring as him just because they are good "friends". Yeah, that sounds very sensible. :facepalm:

Why? As a boxer you should be aiming to fight the best. Manny is one of the best. How silly for a boxer to be fighting in the same era as one of the best athletes in boxing history and have no desire to get in the same ring as him just because they are good "friends". Yeah, that sounds very sensible. :facepalm:
I have grave doubts about how genuine his given reason is...

Like Corax says he would probly get owned by Manny. There are plenty of big name fights out there for Khan, plus I don't think he is the finished article yet. After the Prescott fight, there will always be questions in my mind about his defence and his chin.

the prescott fight is not really an issue. that was at 135lb. Plus his conditioning was all wrong. He has proved his chin is capable of taking punches in the Maidana fight. Khan took some powerful shots and survived-though was rattled badly in one particular round.

the prescott fight is not really an issue. that was at 135lb. Plus his conditioning was all wrong. He has proved his chin is capable of taking punches in the Maidana fight. Khan took some powerful shots and survived-though was rattled badly in one particular round.
Yeah plus he has Roach as his coach now as well. Don't know though. Best of luck to him.

I'd like to go to boxing and sit amongst the judges and have a fiddle about with the voting papers. Maybe we can all do that now. :D

Not seen this before, Hill's scorecard from the fight apparently -

_57728316_amir_khan_scorecard.jpg

Do judges cards usually change a 10-8 score from one fighter back to the other? I guess he could have just been confused and mixed up the fighters, hmmm.

points deduction in the 7th
Indeed. Even De La Hoya said there was no problem with the change. The cards are not in dispute, there's this thing that Hat Man was interfering with the cards, he wasn't. He shouldn't have been doing what he was doing with the supervisor, but one thing he wasn't doing was tampering with the cards.

Khan lost cos of the point deductions, it was a close fight, he would have won if he hadn't of been deducted, which although it seemed harsh, the deductions can't really be disputed.

Khan lost cos of the point deductions, it was a close fight, he would have won if he hadn't of been deducted, which although it seemed harsh, the deductions can't really be disputed.
Maybe, but what if mystery man was intimidating, persuading, influencing or coercing the judges? Moreover, how the fuck did he get to be there and no one turf him out?

Maybe, but what if mystery man was intimidating, persuading, influencing or coercing the judges? Moreover, how the fuck did he get to be there and no one turf him out?
As stated several times Ed', he wasn't a judge. He was a supervisor who collates the cards at the end of each round, handed to him by the ref after the ref collects them from the 3 judges, then fills in a master card, if there was any dispute about the cards they would be double checked. This is not an issue.

He shouldn't have been there but him being there has no bearing on the result whatsoever.

As stated several times Ed', he wasn't a judge. He was a supervisor who collates the cards at the end of each round, handed to him by the ref after the ref collects them from the 3 judges, then fills in a master card, if there was any dispute about the cards they would be double checked. This is not an issue.

He shouldn't have been there but him being there has no bearing on the result whatsoever.
But mate, no one has yet said he was doing this - no one. If he was this dispute wouldn't exist. Why are you insisting he was a supervisor?

Hat man wasn't a supervisor, the man he was around, Michael Welsh, is the WBA supervisor who was collating the cards.

Who said he was an official 'supervisor' and what was he supposed to be supervising?

Who said he was an official 'supervisor' and what was he supposed to be supervising?
Who are you talking about? the grey haired fella? that's Michael Welsh, the WBA supervisor who's job it is/was, was to collate cards at the end of each round.

The chap in the hat is who Khan etc. are querying, him talking to Welsh had NOTHING to do with the result of the fight, i.e. the official card scoring.

Back
Top Bottom