Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Haye vs Chisora - Sat 14/7/12/ Khan's defeat

Aw man. :(

What happened to the olympian who was going to take the world by storm?

That's Khan over now really ain't it.

Dailymotion:

http://www. dailymotion.com/video/xs68o4_amir-khan-vs-danny-garcia-full-match_sport
That was a pretty good scrap. Gotta lot more respect for Kahn watching him trying to get back into that fight:cool:

That was a pretty good scrap. Gotta lot more respect for Kahn watching him trying to get back into that fight:cool:
It was. Good fight, and Khan looked much more the fighter he used to be instead of the gobby twat he metamorphosed into. Has he got a different team around him now?

That's why I find the result particularly saddening. No room for claims of being robbed either - Danny Garcia earned that fair and square. He looked to have far more power in his hands as well. Khan was landing a lot of punches that didn't have any weight behind them, whereas Garcia was making his count.

I don't really follow boxing, so I'm very green on it all, but I really don't understand all the suggestions that Khan should call it a day after this defeat :confused: I mean, not everyone in boxing can be undefeated can they, someone's got to lose to someone!

Even if Khan "shouldn't" be losing to an opponent like Garcia (again, I'm just going on other coverage), we all have bad days, don't we? He's still reasonably young, surely if he learns from this he's still got a lot of time to improve and reclaim his potential?

Khan has a future. He's a better fighter than Garcia. He was in control of the fight early on, but Garcia cleverly changed tactics in the third, targeting Khan's body. This rattled Khan who pressed forward in a bid to sieze back the initiative.

He spent (ever-so-slightly) longer engaged with Garcia in the subsequent exchanges (compared to his give and go missions of earlier rounds), and Garcia read this.
The shot that Garcia hit him with was a blind, timing shot, that misses 9 times out of ten. It changed the bout.

If they met again tomorrow, my money would be on Amir.

None of that is to diss Garcia, who is a powerful puncher with both hands, and a worthy champion.
I'm just saying that that punch came from virtually nowhere (as we've seen happen from time to time in boxing) and changed the complexion of the fight.

Having said that, Khan should have learned by now to keep his guard engaged, even when coming forward. He clearly will never learn that lesson, and will subsequently always be capable of beating, and losing to, anybody.

He's deluded. He's tried the winding up nonsense, T shirts with severed heads, computer games where you kill a klitschko brother.
Got a hiding off one...but it was his toe you see. He hurt his toe.The derision heaped on him after that fight wasn't enough. He wasn't embarrassed enough, or quickly forgot how he stunk the place out.

Khan has a future. He's a better fighter than Garcia. He was in control of the fight early on, but Garcia cleverly changed tactics in the third, targeting Khan's body. This rattled Khan who pressed forward in a bid to sieze back the initiative.

He spent (ever-so-slightly) longer engaged with Garcia in the subsequent exchanges (compared to his give and go missions of earlier rounds), and Garcia read this.
The shot that Garcia hit him with was a blind, timing shot, that misses 9 times out of ten. It changed the bout.

None of that is to diss Garcia, who is a powerful puncher with both hands, and a worthy champion.
I'm just saying that that punch came from virtually nowhere (as we've seen happen from time to time in boxing) and changed the complexion of the fight.

Having said that, Khan should have learned by now to keep his guard engaged, even when coming forward. He clearly will never learn that lesson, and will subsequently always be capable of beating, and losing to, anybody.

I agree with much of that. I don't think Khan had that bad a fight until he got smacked but if you try to go toe to toe with a scrapper like Garcia and he throws 20 of them hay makers on your odds you're gonna get hit by two and knocked out aren't ya? He hit Kahn with a few more before the ref stepped in.

I think Kahn showed a lot of courage putting his gloves up and cracking on but I'd hate to see him take any more poundings like that for his healths sake. He'd have to come back and take out Garcia by boxing cleaver which I don't think would be that easy. Tactically he proper did Kahn in the end. He allowed him to lead the fight and use his speed and boxing ability but as soon as Kahn started feeling comfortable he changed the game on him and pretty much taught him a lesson. Garcia took a fair few on the chin and proved he was no mug.

It was a cracking fight. But like you said Kahn's lost that fight by being a bit ill equipped defensively and for me that's why he should think about his future in the ring seriously before one of those hay-makers has a perm effect on him.

He's deluded. He's tried the winding up nonsense, T shirts with severed heads, computer games where you kill a klitschko brother.
Got a hiding off one...but it was his toe you see. He hurt his toe.The derision heaped on him after that fight wasn't enough. He wasn't embarrassed enough, or quickly forgot how he stunk the place out.
The Heavyweight div is so bereft of talent atm that Haye has prob put himself back in contention with Sats performance,the clamor for a fight with one of the Kilitschko brothers will grow louder over the coming months.

I quite agree with that.
I think Haye should be treated a bit like Rangers Newco. He should be made to fight a Klitschko family member but start with his mum then his sister then one of the big boys.

If he wasn't such a chirpy twat (even for Boxer standards) calling for a Mayweather matchup prior to the fight I think he'd have a lot less calls for him to retire tbf.

I don't think anyone think he should retire, though if he'd shut up a bit...

The Heavyweight div is so bereft of talent atm that Haye has prob put himself back in contention with Sats performance,the clamor for a fight with one of the Kilitschko brothers will grow louder over the coming months.
Only in the English media, no others will give a fuck about Haye, he will get another shot though if the money is enough to interest the other Klitchko brother.

If he wasn't such a chirpy twat (even for Boxer standards) calling for a Mayweather matchup prior to the fight I think he'd have a lot less calls for him to retire tbf.

I don't think anyone think he should retire, though if he'd shut up a bit...
I thought he was being a bit previous talking about future opponents before dealing with Garcia.

He'd have to come back and take out Garcia by boxing cleaver which I don't think would be that easy.
He's good at landing shots, but they don't seem to have much in them. Is it just my perception, or is he lacking in power these days?

He's good at landing shots, but they don't seem to have much in them. Is it just my perception, or is he lacking in power these days?
I don't thinkKahn really is a big hitter but he definitely landed a few on Garcia that I wouldn't want in me mush in the first two rounds. I think Garcia just soaked them up well. He looked to me like the sort you could hit all day and he'll still come looking for ya.:hmm:

I don't thinkKahn really is a big hitter but he definitely landed a few on Garcia that I wouldn't want in me mush in the first two rounds. I think Garcia just soaked them up well. He looked to me like the sort you could hit all day and he'll still come looking for ya.:hmm:
That could well be it. Danny G certainly looked one tough Latino*.

Some of the slo-mo replays of Khan's landed punches they showed though - lightening hand speed, pinpoint precision, but then floppy wrists and no follow through at the end of it. Granted he was never a powerhouse, but in my memory his shots had much more ammunition in them than that.

*self-described by Garcia

That could well be it. Danny G certainly looked one tough Latino*.

Some of the slo-mo replays of Khan's landed punches they showed though - lightening hand speed, pinpoint precision, but then floppy wrists and no follow through at the end of it. Granted he was never a powerhouse, but in my memory his shots had much more ammunition in them than that.

*self-described by Garcia
I'll ask my Pops he'd have an answer for that ;) He'll have stayed up all night eating liquorice all-sorts waiting for it to come on :D
To be honest C I don't follow the fights these days for the same reason that the two chumps in the thread title can actually get a fight. It's like 70's wrestling these days and it wont be long before nan's are paying per view on a tuesday afternoon to watch them.
Having said that I enjoyed watching this fight. I thought Kahn looked in good shape though. I'd watch the rematch ;)

I'll ask my Pops he'd have an answer for that ;) He'll have stayed up all night eating liquorice all-sorts waiting for it to come on :D
To be honest C I don't follow the fights these days for the same reason that the two chumps in the thread title can actually get a fight. It's like 70's wrestling these days and it wont be long before nan's are paying per view on a tuesday afternoon to watch them.
Having said that I enjoyed watching this fight. I thought Kahn looked in good shape though. I'd watch the rematch ;)
I agree with the sentiment. I was on the end of a hissy-fit from another poster a while back for comparing it with 'Wrestling', but I stand by the view that the primacy of hype and publicity are killing the once-noble sport.

I'm afraid I have far more respect for MMA as a sport these days, which has gone the other way - starting off as 'cage-fighting' bullshit, and becoming increasingly more disciplined and legitimate.

I agree with the sentiment. I was on the end of a hissy-fit from another poster a while back for comparing it with 'Wrestling', but I stand by the view that the primacy of hype and publicity are killing the once-noble sport.

I'm afraid I have far more respect for MMA as a sport these days, which has gone the other way - starting off as 'cage-fighting' bullshit, and becoming increasingly more disciplined and legitimate.
I think money and PPV TV have murdered it so yeah totally agree ;)

Seeing as I missed the actual fight on saturday night is there anywhere I can get it pon da download? (Haye v Chisora, not the Khan fight)

some people fight better the more they're hurt. I'm thinking the likes of Bonner and Leben in the UFC

You've either been on forums too long, or not long enough if you reckon that last thread had a hissy fit thrown.

Back
Top Bottom