Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Perpetual Grace Ltd, it’s so good!
You've got to pay haven't you? (Starzplay?)

I've watched the first 3 and I agree - it's excellent. Writing, acting, filming, the lot. Might binge the rest at the weekend.

Last edited:
You've got pay haven't you? (Starzplay?)

I've watched the first 3 and I agree - it's excellent. Writing, acting, filming, the lot. Might binge the rest at the weekend.
Yeah have put ‘cancel starzplay’ in diary (several times so I don’t forget). It’s 99p or something for 1st month.

I don’t know whether it’ll be a good thing or not when all these hundreds of separate streaming businesses congeal into one thing, seems likely tho, it’s a bit mad how it is now. Have done it a couple of times, subscribe for a month to watch one show and manage to remember to cancel.

I don’t know whether it’ll be a good thing or not when all these hundreds of separate streaming businesses congeal into one thing, seems likely tho, it’s a bit mad how it is now. Have done it a couple of times, subscribe for a month to watch one show and manage to remember to cancel.
Yeah, I do wonder who is actually paying a fiver a month for one of these cheap and nasty channels of crap. Surely this cannot be a business model that survives long.

I mean, this about sums it up (I made the video start at the right point, hopefully):

For those who don’t want to sit through it, he lists pay-for internet channels for a solid two minutes. Whilst I can’t guarantee there are no fakes in there, I recognise the vast majority of names as real, so I’m guessing it’s a genuine list. And as he says at the end, “but that leaves your internet TV bill at roughly... $17,000 a month“

Last edited:
Yeah have put ‘cancel starzplay’ in diary (several times so I don’t forget). It’s 99p or something for 1st month.
If Mrs.C hadn't suddenly developed a crushing addiction to Korean fantasy-dramas, I'd consider giving up Netflix for Starz. I know it's not as good, but it's a lot cheaper too.

Train to Busan sequel is on there. Watched it last night, it's not as good as the first one but it's a decent enough zombie movie.

More IW I guess from the cert:

TV-MA. This program is intended to be viewed by mature, adult audiences and may be unsuitable for children under 17. Contains content that is unsuitable for children.

how adult is it? like, Infinity War adult, or The Boys adult?
Somewhere in between, in ep 1 at least. For 80% of its running time I was actually wondering why it was classed as adult- no sex or swearing worse than the odd ‘shit’. But on the climax of the episode there was a fight among some characters that resulted in manga-style body parts chopping and blood splattering everywhere.

More IW I guess from the cert:

TV-MA. This program is intended to be viewed by mature, adult audiences and may be unsuitable for children under 17. Contains content that is unsuitable for children.
Given that it’s a cartoon and all, I would venture that plenty of parents with 12-y.o. kids, and about 99% of parents with 15 year olds, would not have a problem with the content I’ve seen so far. But I don’t have kids myself and am probably not the best judge of such things.

probs not ideal for the 11 year old then i guess
11 might be cutting it fine, but if you think your kid will not be disturbed with the stuff I described in my post above, they should be fine. Watching ep 2 now, will report if it gets properly dark. So far is mostly a teenage tale but with graphic depictions of the superhero vs villain fights.

Language on the third episode has escalated to fuck and motherfucker, but not more violent than the previous ones.

Another (early series) Starzplay recommendation: The Head. A six-episode crime mystery set in an Antarctic scientific base. On episode two and shit’s got real :cool:

Invincible. A new, widely acclaimed adult animation series about the life and tribulations of the teenage son of a superhero. Watched the first episode- very good and watchable stuff.

I've been really surprised at how much I've enjoyed this coming-of-age-violent-superhero-dramedy-cartoon-thing

It's very good, but I'm not entirely sure why

Back
Top Bottom