Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Yeah, totally - one of the great things about the series is how you end up rooting for this or that character and then they do something awful and you're reminded of what vermin they are. Only Connor is without any redeeming features whatsoever.
I am enjoying this very much, thanks. I won't tell you how much of it I've already binged as it's embarrassing but there's no more budget for Amazon this month.

I quite liked most of it, but I'm finding the final season to be a drag and I'm not sure why.
I often find that five seasons of something is the right number, for some reason. Somehow, very few sets of characters and situations can ever quite sustain moving to a sixth.

There's a movie-length film version on prime of Pikkety's book, Capital in the twenty-first century, and its brilliant. Loads of great snips of archive footage, very fun to watch.

Just watched this, really good, thanks for the tip.

So, these are both to hire, but I didn't know where else to put them. For clarity: these are not free!

Saint Maud
Possessor

Both really excellent bits of film-making, in the strictest sense. These aren't just stories told through the medium of film, these could only ever be film. Very different psychological horror films, they are both a brilliant mix of sound, photography and performance. Fantastic.

Just finished an unintended binge watch of Wayne. Dark comedy / action / love story type thing. Hoping for a second season.
I watched the first one and didn't really get what it was supposed to be. Didn't engage/intrigue me enough to watch another. . . . does it unfold in some way?

I watched the first one and didn't really get what it was supposed to be. Didn't engage/intrigue me enough to watch another. . . . does it unfold in some way?

Can't really pin down why I enjoyed it. Just an entertaining road trip with some funny moments and interesting characters / decent casting.

Can't really pin down why I enjoyed it. Just an entertaining road trip with some funny moments and interesting characters / decent casting.
What I didn't get from the first one was any sense of any characters motivation. How or why they behaved, their actions or what their goals (however small) were.

What I didn't get from the first one was any sense of any characters motivation. How or why they behaved, their actions or what their goals (however small) were.

The two main characters are taking an opportunity to escape shitty home situations / parental relationships, past and present about which more is revealed as the show progresses.

Currently watching Tag. Not the us comedy, the Japanese horror/weirdness film from 2015.
Looked like it was going to be an initial weird scare and then a whole film of figuring out what happened. . . . no, it did that for a bit then just went mental.

View attachment 254894

I haven't finished it yet but I am just going to go ahead and recommend it for now.
Certainly a lot more flipping weird than it's prime write up or cover image suggests.

That is a fucking weird film but a good one.

I’m watching The Street about Hoxton St London and it’s a street I go down a fair bit, so it’s interesting to see it in 2016 which is when I just started to go down Hoxton occasionally. I was down there most weekends in 2019-2020.

There is a lot to unpack in it and a lot of stories.

I pretty much watched both series in just under a week. It was so good. Loved Kieren Culkin in it, although they were all excellent
Loved it - so excruciating at times. The hunting episode and Kendal rapping about his dad probably the best examples

Masochistic phone sex with Geri.

What else is that good? I need more binge watching in my life.
Not much, I’ve been struggling to watch anything and don’t binge so it takes ages for me to get through anything. Have you seen Goliath? I liked that

Not much, I’ve been struggling to watch anything and don’t binge so it takes ages for me to get through anything. Have you seen Goliath? I liked that
I will binge a really good series. Although some things are not bingable if they're too harrowing. I've actually been watching films which I rarely have the concentration for but my support bubble likes to watch films and we have to do something. I'll look up Goliath.

I pretty much watched both series in just under a week. It was so good. Loved Kieren Culkin in it, although they were all excellent. So wondering how Perpetual Grace is going?
I've not actually watched it - I discovered I'd need to subscribe to an add-on service to watch it and decided against it for now.

Kieren Culkin was our fave too - if you want more of him doing that, he plays the same character in everything he's in (that I've seen him in anyway), Igby Goes Down especially.

I Care a Lot. A brand new crime action film exclusive to Amazon starring among others Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage. The former plays a perfectly twisted heartless swindler whose latest victim turns out to be better connected and far more dangerous than she had bargained for.

Some aspects of the premise require a bit of suspension of disbelief, but on the whole a pretty decent action-crime film with a great cast :thumbs:

I Care a Lot. A brand new crime action film exclusive to Amazon starring among others Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage. The former plays a perfectly twisted heartless swindler whose latest victim turns out to be better connected and far more dangerous than she had bargained for.

Some aspects of the premise require a bit of suspension of disbelief, but on the whole a pretty decent action-crime film with a great cast :thumbs:
Gonna watch that tonight :cool:

I agree it’s unbelievable in places but a good watch

The Wicker Man is up on Amazon atm - it claims on the description to be the Nic Cage version but it's actually the original. I'd never seen it before so I watched it last night - pretty good, although I wasn't expecting it to be as trashy as it was, and had no idea it was a musical...

Back
Top Bottom