Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

There was that kind of vibe in the indie ref tbf. True voice of the left working class, juxtaposed against those further south.

I must have missed that 'vibe'. In fact those around Radical Independence Campaign, were specifically critical of the lack of a working class voice within YES and were arguing that there was a pro-working class politics missing from the official YES campaign especially within the SNP.
There was an attempt by some within YES that the SNP were the true inheritors of the 'central belt/radical tradition' in Scotland, raising the name of Jimmy Reid, who was in his latter years an SNP member. They tied to evoke the 'spirit' of the UCS etc etc but rarely actually raised class demands.
Most cynical, and imho, most distasteful was in the aftermath of the referendum in 2014 a picture of George Square 1919 where they replaced the red flag with the yellow/black SNP logo..... Boke......

This is an actually useful run-down of the Scots Law processes by the BBC:

"For journalists used to covering Scottish courts, the case has followed standard procedures that remain exactly the same regardless of who the accused is.

But for people with little or no experience of the Scottish legal system, which is very different from the one in England, some of what has - and has not - been reported might seem a bit strange."

Alex Salmond case: What's going on?

Salmond has just been paid £512k in costs by the Scottish government, re their flawed investigation into his behaviour.

The main STV news has just finished without mentioning this. I have long thought that STV are the SNPs propoganda wing.

Salmond has just been paid £512k in costs by the Scottish government, re their flawed investigation into his behaviour.

The main STV news has just finished without mentioning this. I have long thought that STV are the SNPs propoganda wing.

The guy that was hoping to take-over Johnston Press, before they went belly up, wanted to make him chairman, their papers include The Scotsman, among many others.

The guy that was hoping to take-over Johnston Press, before they went belly up, wanted to make him chairman, their papers include The Scotsman, among many others.
But do you understand what that meant?

All of those papers are vehemently anti-indy. Newspaper sales in Scotland have fallen, as far as I'm aware, faster than the rest of the UK.

Salmond isn't officially politically involved these days but he still likes to do his bit. This, the RT show, other stuff, shit-stirring. Has a goal.

I always think if there are more then one accuser they [ed: nope]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom