Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

I'm far from convinced that a vote for these cunts will actually bring independence any closer any quicker

Even if it does, independence which has been gained with the involvement of these cunts will leave them with an unnecessary and unwelcome influence for the foreseeable future.

Even putting those two considerations aside, if you vote for cunts like this, you're a cunt yourself.

Please don't call me a cunt. Anyone who votes in this election will be voting for parties that contain dubious characters - the only way to avoid that problem is to refuse to vote. Which is fine. but demonising the entire voting electorate is nonsensical and crass.

i don't believe that i have bad manners, and i don't need lectures about social etiquette thank you. a three minute vid aint too onerous for most people. it takes me that to piss sometimes, and i never regret urinating.

i don't believe that i have bad manners, and i don't need lectures about social etiquette thank you. a three minute vid aint too onerous for most people. it takes me that to piss sometimes, and i never regret urinating.
I didn’t say you had bad manners. I suggested a behaviour which was considered good manners, though.

However, since we’re discussing it, not everybody has the same access to the same technology you do and indeed may have disabilities you hadn’t considered.

I mentioned my former workplace. Others may have similar workplace restrictions. You can’t assume that everyone is in the position of being able to play a video with sound.

So, as many have said over many years, just a few words about how long the video is and why it’s relevant is usually appreciated, and hardly difficult.

This video is 3 min 1 sec long and Sheridan discusses the list voting system.

That’s all that’s being asked.

Forum rules / FAQ say no videos without a description

Sure, but it’s good manners not to assume people will watch your videos. For example I used to work in a setting where I couldn’t listen to sound, so was unable to watch videos. Also people frequently post 90min videos and expect people to watch them. That’s never going to happen.
The implication of what you wrote danny, which was in relation to something i had written, was that bad manners were involved. i don't believe that i suffer from bad manners. And despite what you i just written, i still don't. Nor do i particularly wish to engage in offering interpretations of a three minute vid which is clear and concise enough for most people to be able to follow. And your advice in italics fails to supply any useful information about the content of the Sheridan vid. Its simply a general remark, and is pretty useless no? i do accept, of course, that there will be some out there who are unable to listen due to their working environ', but i suspect that your beef ain't really about that.

The implication of what you wrote danny, which was in relation to something i had written, was that bad manners were involved. i don't believe that i suffer from bad manners. And despite what you i just written, i still don't. Nor do i particularly wish to engage in offering interpretations of a three minute vid which is clear and concise enough for most people to be able to follow. And your advice in italics fails to supply any useful information about the content of the Sheridan vid. Its simply a general remark, and is pretty useless no? i do accept, of course, that there will be some out there who are unable to listen due to their working environ', but i suspect that your beef ain't really about that.
It is really about that. It really really is.

Please don't call me a cunt. Anyone who votes in this election will be voting for parties that contain dubious characters - the only way to avoid that problem is to refuse to vote. Which is fine. but demonising the entire voting electorate is nonsensical and crass.
I agree that the idea (pushed by some on U75) that voters are responsible for the actions of the political parties they vote for is crap (and usually only applied to some parties). But there are dubious characters and then there are misogynistic egomaniacs who's party's are little more than a vehicle for their opportunism. Alba fall into the latter.

Moreover, there are alternative pro-independent parties that can be voted for that are not led by sleepy-cuddlers. I do not think you are a cunt but I do think you are being very blind (to put it politely)

See for example this post, to someone else, where I ask the same consideration. It’s not personal, it’s not beef, it’s just a little thing I wish people would help out with:

There's dubious characters and then there's out and out cunts. I'm not demonising the entire voting electorate, I'm saying that anyone voting for this bunch of cunts is, IMO, a cunt themselves.

If you intend to vote for them, that makes you a cunt as well, in my opinion, not that I expect you to agree.

sorry...I could just about accept that a belief in Alec Salmond before last weekend might make some old romantic nationalists vote for him for old times sake.

if you continue to advocate support for them after last weekend and their disgusting smears regarding gay and trans people, deceitfully whipped up by StuAnon and the unpleasant alt-right fringe, you're a cunt. No ifs, no buts.

I agree that the idea (pushed by some on U75) that voters are responsible for the actions of the political parties they vote for is crap (and usually only applied to some parties). But there are dubious characters and then there are misogynistic egomaniacs who's party's are little more than a vehicle for their opportunism. Alba fall into the latter.

Moreover, there are alternative pro-independent parties that can be voted for that are not led by sleepy-cuddlers. I do not think you are a cunt but I do think you are being very blind (to put it politely)

There is no reason to believe that political parties other than Alba do not contain some very dodgy indeed characters. Its the principle that is important, people vote for the party badge, not to endorse every Party member or all or any of their previous activities.

sorry...I could just about accept that a belief in Alec Salmond before last weekend might make some old romantic nationalists vote for him for old times sake.

if you continue to advocate support for them after last weekend and their disgusting smears regarding gay and trans people, deceitfully whipped up by StuAnon and the unpleasant alt-right fringe, you're a cunt. No ifs, no buts.
Yup.

There is no reason to believe that political parties other than Alba do not contain some very dodgy indeed characters. Its the principle that is important, people vote for the party badge, not to endorse every Party member or all or any of their previous activities.
For a party that stands for something, that has some base in the history, culture of the community - ok. But there is no principle to Alba, it is a revenge ego-trip for a disgraced liberal politician.

Back
Top Bottom