Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

I’ve mentioned this smear story on the Wings thread, but apparently the Alba Party Women’s Conference today was spreading the homophobic trope too.

They’re saying LGBT orgs want to reduce the age of consent to 10. These people really are the QAnon scum they seem to be.

It’s horrifying to watch Scottish politics at the moment. I knew things were bad, but the speed with which we got to “gay people are paedophiles” and then a king from 700 years ago doing PPBs is astonishing. It really is the pits.
Not sure Salmond could organise something like bannockburn

It’s horrifying to watch Scottish politics at the moment. I knew things were bad, but the speed with which we got to “gay people are paedophiles” and then a king from 700 years ago doing PPBs is astonishing. It really is the pits.
Salmond was saying a couple of months ago something along the lines of the Scottish government having demonstrated it was unfit to govern.

Now he seems to be going out of his way to prove that he and his cronies are even more unfit.

what's happened is that the old scriptwriters for crossroads have been asked to take over scottish politics. top tip - there'll be a great accident at holyrood later in the year (after the elections) which will clear out some of the less entertaining scottish politicians and allow for new characters to be inserted into the drama

what's happened is that the old scriptwriters for crossroads have been asked to take over scottish politics. top tip - there'll be a great accident at holyrood later in the year (after the elections) which will clear out some of the less entertaining scottish politicians and allow for new characters to be inserted into the drama
What is your evidence base for critiquing Scottish politics? Do you read the Scottish press and watch Scottish news? Just asking.😀

I’ve mentioned this smear story on the Wings thread, but apparently the Alba Party Women’s Conference today was spreading the homophobic trope too.

They’re saying LGBT orgs want to reduce the age of consent to 10. These people really are the QAnon scum they seem to be.

Link please for evidence.

Evidence of plans to cut age of consent.
Oh, I see. Well, of course there are no such plans. It’s a homophobic trope. It came initially from a Wings blog in which he wilfully misreads things so that he can jump to conclusions. But Alba supporters refuse to believe these are mad conspiracy theories.

The Wings-Alba tendency really are aping the QAnon nutters to the letter. I fully expect them to say the election was stolen when Alba flop at the polls.

I wouldn’t vote for Alba even supposing I was at gun point.

Oh, I see. Well, of course there are no such plans. It’s a homophobic trope. It came initially from a Wings blog in which he wilfully misreads things so that he can jump to conclusions. But Alba supporters refuse to believe these are mad conspiracy theories.

The Wings-Alba tendency really are aping the QAnon nutters to the letter. I fully expect them to say the election was stolen when Alba flop at the polls.

I wouldn’t vote for Alba even supposing I was at gun point.
I would not vote for them but I will not complain if they steal some list seats from the unionists😁

Last edited:
I’m honestly not so sure. Would I want a group of off the wall bigoted conspiracy populists over the mainstream Labour or Lib Dem neoliberals? It’s a horrible choice, but why exactly would I side with the conspiracy populists?

Independence 😁
I'm far from convinced that a vote for these cunts will actually bring independence any closer any quicker

Even if it does, independence which has been gained with the involvement of these cunts will leave them with an unnecessary and unwelcome influence for the foreseeable future.

Even putting those two considerations aside, if you vote for cunts like this, you're a cunt yourself.

That's where we disagree. I don't want independence if it means an independent Scotland run by those cunts. I do not believe that the address or location of a parliament is a goal worthy in itself. It is only ever going to have instrumental utility. If it does not even have that, it isn't worth having.
My sole concern is the avoidance of Tory rule. Independence is the only way.

Back
Top Bottom