Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

A) I suggest you look into history for a refutation of that view.
B) the current electoral system in Scotland isn’t PR.
It is as close to PR as is reasonably possible. Seats have equalled votes very closely in every election. Both OR and FPTP are liable to have problems with certain vote distributions.

No it is not. D'Hondt is the most resistant to accidental over representation. STV has more problems.
How could you get a pro Independence majority of more than 55% of the Parliament when the level of support for independence amongst voters is 55% if proportionality was automatic?

You're confusing Party label and political standpoints back and forth. I don’t blame you, that’s the story we’re fed by civil society. But it’s erroneous.

How could you get a pro Independence majority of more than 55% of the Parliament when the level of support for independence amongst voters is 55% if proportionality was automatic?

You're confusing Party label and political standpoints back and forth. I don’t blame you, that’s the story we’re fed by civil society. But it’s erroneous.

That has not happened. D'Hondt is the most proportional system of PR.

That has not happened. D'Hondt is the most proportional system of PR.
We technically have AMS+. But that’s not the issue here. I’m not interested in repeating myself or “vanquishing” you on a trivial side issue.

We have different points of view. Mine is - I’m not a nationalist, and I am concerned by the amorphous and bigoted populism of the Alba Party. And I don’t want them in Parliament. Any more than I want UKIP. That trumps Unionist/pro indy concerns for me.

It's worse than bigotry. Or, rather, it's bigotry and then on top of that it's a party created around one man's ego, with scruples neither here nor there. Salmond doesn't believe in anti-LGBT politics, but it's a small price to pay to get some ex-SNP morons on his mantelpiece. He'd sell his own grandmother, so he definitely doesn't give a shit about you.

It's worse than bigotry. Or, rather, it's bigotry and then on top of that it's a party created around one man's ego, with scruples neither here nor there. Salmond doesn't believe in anti-LGBT politics, but it's a small price to pay to get some ex-SNP morons on his mantelpiece. He'd sell his own grandmother, so he definitely doesn't give a shit about you.
Yeah, that’s the populism element I’m getting at. Salmond is quite happy to make full use of the poisonous atmosphere that Stu “fake minister” Campbell has stoked up.

... and no surprise at all to see Sheridan joining.

Back
Top Bottom