Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations: 2024 Edition

The Quietus have their usual half way through the year list up

Reactions: MBV
I think Charli XCX might have released a record at some point? Hard to say though cos no-one's talking about it anywhere.

Out today. Just had my first - admittedly somewhat distracted by work - listen. It's perhaps not quite as immediate as some previous albums - quite a bit of fairly abstract tinkering but I reckon it will be a grower.
I’ve quite enjoyed it. It’s been this and mono in my house over the weekend. Quite lovely.

I think Charli XCX might have released a record at some point? Hard to say though cos no-one's talking about it anywhere.
I mentioned it upthread, I think when I aslo cited the new Actress album. The Charli one is good, and a grower, even it doesn't have an instant anthem like Dreamer or 1999.

I mentioned it upthread, I think when I aslo cited the new Actress album. The Charli one is good, and a grower, even it doesn't have an instant anthem like Dreamer or 1999.
Oh yeah, so you did. Slightly tongue-in-cheek comment above anyway, cos my non-urban internet seems to be full of people banging on about it, I hadn't realised it was that many weeks since it'd come out. I enjoyed it on first listen, should make a note to come back to it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom