Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Al Fayed blames removal of Michael Jackson statue over Fulham's demise

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
And in case you were wondering where it now is, it's in the National Football Museum in Manchester. :facepalm: :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...son-statue-over-club-demise-relegation-050614

Mohamed Al Fayed believes Fulham's demise can be put down to the "crazy" removal of the statue of singer Michael Jackson from Craven Cottage.

Al Fayed believes the Cottagers would still be in the top flight if Khan had not had the sculpture of Michael Jackson removed from outside Craven Cottage last November. Al Fayed was speaking as he formally presented the statue of the late singer to the National Football Museum in Manchester, where it will stand proudly on a first-floor mezzanine.

He said: "This statue was a charm and we removed the luck from the club and now we have to pay the price. When (Khan) asked me to move it I said, 'you must be crazy.' This is such a fantastic statue which the fans are crying out for. But now he has paid the price because the club has been relegated. He called me because he told me he wanted Michael to return. I told him, no way."

PA-10477479.jpg

Shamone

Oh for fucks sake - why did they move that piece of shit to where I live? :(

I am tempted to go and look at just how shit it is, as long as the museum doesn't have an admission charge - I don't do football so won't pay to get into a museum about it. :)

To be honest Cardiff got relegated this season because I've moved to London and haven't been able to attend many games in my lucky hat.

Yet they still won't listen and provide me with free tickets and a limo from London to every game.

To be honest Cardiff got relegated this season because I've moved to London and haven't been able to attend many games in my lucky hat.

Yet they still won't listen and provide me with free tickets and a limo from London to every game.

They probably thought that the loss of your lucky hat would be balanced by the switch to the lucky red kit. It should've been. Can't understand why that didn't work.

Al fayed had a habit of getting celebs to Fulhams ground,I saw Jordan there once and what a mess she was,She would look taller laying down.

Can just throw quality mad tat like that away its needs to be rembered as possibly the maddest thing in football ever.

You can see his point.
It stands to reason.

I had the pleasure of seeing the statue at close range. Went to watch a Europa League game about three years ago when Fulham had a great £5 ticket offer on for such games. At half time we went to check the statue out. There were lots of neutrals and non-regulars at the Cottage that evening (unsurprisingly given the admission prices) and the statue proved to be a popular photo opportunity :D

Back
Top Bottom