Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Adopt a Small Country or a Country with very few athletes

I'll take Paraguay since Vanuatu has gone. Spent too long looking for the smallest representation including table tennis.

I'll take Paraguay since Vanuatu has gone. Spent too long looking for the smallest representation including table tennis.

HAH! In your face!

Alternatively

Ooops, I feel a bit guilty now for snaffling a team from someone with a far more sensible reason than the one I gave. :oops:

I'm claiming Zambia, as have actually played in the trials for their national hockey team. I was out there visiting a mate who played hockey and they drafted me in to make up the numbers because I was the only person they could find who knew the rules.

Updated list

Minnie the Minx – Netherland Antilles and South Sudan
Twentythreedom – St Lucia and Sao Tome and Principe
Mattie – Equatorial Guinea
Me76 – British Virgin Islands
TwistedAM – Northern Ireland
Weltwelt – Mongolia, Liechtenstein and a country called Michael Phelps
Greebo – Andorra
Felixthecat – St Lucia
Ms Ordinary – Sao Tome and Principe
lagtbt – Malta
QueenofGoths – Gabonned up
Espresso – Vanuatu
PaulHackett - Colombia
BlueSquareThing - Iceland
Ich Bin Ein Mod - Paraguay
boohoo - Mauritius
ericjarvis - Zambia

I'm adopting Gambia. I know they are there as I saw them come past. I don't know what they are participating in (I shall google) but I have spent several periods of my life living there and I am immensely fond of the place. Also, it's quite certain that every Gambian I know is related somehow to an Olympian. It's a small place.

I'm adopting Gambia. I know they are there as I saw them come past. I don't know what they are participating in (I shall google) but I have spent several periods of my life living there and I am immensely fond of the place. Also, it's quite certain that every Gambian I know is related somehow to an Olympian. It's a small place.

Good pick. Only two athletes

BBC has only two as well. The rest must have been coaches/support staff, although I'm sure I read they were being strict on how many support staff were allowed to parade this year

Suwaibou Sanneh - Men's 100m
Saruba Colley - Women's 100m

Updated list

TwistedAM – Northern Ireland
Greebo – Andorra
Felixthecat – St Lucia
lagtbt – Malta
Espresso – Vanuatu
PaulHackett - Colombia
boohoo - Mauritius
ericjarvis - Zambia

Oi. My choice was Scotland as it fitted the demographic of a country with very few athletes rather well.

Wendy Hoogestam (sp?) has a good chance of a gold medal so that rules Northeast Ireland out of things.

Mind you, maybe I should just change to Wales to up my unlike count.

Oi. My choice was Scotland as it fitted the demographic of a country with very few athletes rather well.

Wendy Hoogestam (sp?) has a good chance of a gold medal so that rules Northeast Ireland out of things.

Mind you, maybe I should just change to Wales to up my unlike count.

:D

After conferring with twentythreedom, it has been decided that Scotland is neither a small nation (population wise) and doesn't have a small number of athletes (unless you can prove to us that there's 10 or fewer Scottish athletes).

Oooh, I didn't know Netherlands Antilles (formerly) and Curaçao were the same place (I'm still not sure they are, it seems very complicated) but at least I know where Aruba is now.

:D

After conferring with twentythreedom, it has been decided that Scotland is neither a small nation (population wise) and doesn't have a small number of athletes (unless you can prove to us that there's 10 or fewer Scottish athletes).

i forgot about Hoy. The only other one I know is David Millar (cycling) who is Scottish-ish.

Meanwhile Alex salmons is supporting his Scolympians:facepalm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...-cheer-on-Scolympians-instead-of-Team-GB.html

I'll take Belize, plize. I've been there a few times and it's lovely :)

Am also taking an interest in Kuwait as an incredibly distant relative is in the swimming :cool:

I'll take Belize, plize. I've been there a few times and it's lovely :)

Am also taking an interest in Kuwait as an incredibly distant relative is in the swimming :cool:

Have you? I'd love to go to Belize. :cool:

They have three athletes.

Kuwait has 10

TwistedAM – Scotlympians
Greebo – Andorra
Felixthecat – St Lucia
lagtbt – Malta
Espresso – Vanuatu
PaulHackett - Colombia
harpo - Gambia
boohoo - Mauritius
ericjarvis - Zambia
trashpony - Kiribati
5t3lla - Belize and Kuwait
wtfftw - Ghana
Cid - Timor Leste
HST - Palestine

Have you? I'd love to go to Belize. :cool:

They have three athletes.

Kuwait has 10

NVP has been too! It's a wonderful place. Bath warm seas that are clear as a bell with the second largest barrier reef on the planet. I snorkelled with a TIGER SHARK. The pilot of our plane from Belize City to Caye Caulker came to find us in the bar when he was ready to go. Bliss.

Have you made a rule about the number of athletes? Is 10 too many? You're strict :(

TwistedAM – Scotlympians
Greebo – Andorra
Felixthecat – St Lucia
lagtbt – Malta
Espresso – Vanuatu