Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ACDC good or crap?

southside

Banned
I've been checking out ACDC, well the brothers really. Proper good duo imo.

The thing that I find amazing is they have made a career out of the chords A D and G. I know they play inversions and variations on the theme but they sound awsome. Angus is a great player and I love the way he combines the minor and major pentatonics, he's an expert at it.

Back in black is a great album and I know they have a formula that works, Brian Johnson did a great job on this album and considering he filled Bon Scott's huge shoes. I think Bon was more natural a singer though and Johnson seems to force it a bit.

So, any thoughts on ACDC as a band in terms of do you think they rock or are they crap?

I think they kick serious arse.

I've only got Highway to Hell, but I played that on a long drive the other day, and it was most excellent to drive along to

back in black is a fantastic album, not so keen on the bon scott era stuff. not bothered listening to anything else by them - is there much point?

What is there not to like ? And as an East Dulwich boy, Overhill road for me is that place that the music died. RIP Bon Scott. :(

I've been checking out ACDC, well the brothers really. Proper good duo imo.

The thing that I find amazing is they have made a career out of the chords A D and G. I know they play inversions and variations on the theme but they sound awsome. Angus is a great player and I love the way he combines the minor and major pentatonics, he's an expert at it.

Back in black is a great album and I know they have a formula that works, Brian Johnson did a great job on this album and considering he filled Bon Scott's huge shoes. I think Bon was more natural a singer though and Johnson seems to force it a bit.

So, any thoughts on ACDC as a band in terms of do you think they rock or are they crap?

I think they kick serious arse.

Great band! Malcolm is a superb guitarist; ride on is my favourite track. Angus ain't to bad either

went to see them last summer, awesome! almost as good as the open air Maiden gig the year before, support band were better anyway

Great band! Malcolm is a superb guitarist; ride on is my favourite track. Angus ain't to bad either

Yeah!

Ride on is my favorite too.

I have always loved ACDC, I think I got Who Made Who when I was about 11 (after watching Maximum Overdrive :cool:) and I have been an avid listener ever since. Comparing the 2 singers is boring and has been done to death. They both bring something to the band and I don't mind either.

They have always been a guilty pleasure as well so its nice to talk about them :D

I am in no way into any other music remotely like this but they are special for me.

The drummer Phil Rudd is having a hard time here in NZ they found 28g of weed on his boat. He was trying to argue that if they threw the book at him it would effect his ability to play in some countries thus making it hard to earn a living.........so they threw the book at him.

Beavis_5.gif

:D

Special mention must go to Stephen King who gets called an ass hole by the ATM machine at the beginning of this video :D

Love Whole Lotta Rosie! Heh the comment following is from the vid I posted:

"FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE ROCK, WE WILL SHOOT YOU!"

Back
Top Bottom