Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Accused rapist Ched Evans to be released from prison

If he wants too it's up to him, his choice. You could also join him. You could even apply to drive the lorry if you want.
I already have a job which doesn't involve being a role model to kids. However, if I landed in court (for offences far less serious than rape) and got convicted it'd be unlikely that my job would be held open for me for bringing the company name into disrepute. Perhaps the council, being an employer of women, might feel a bit nervous having a rapist on their books in Evans' case.

Regarding his right to work...there are thousands of jobs he can do...he is not interested in those jobs, he is interested in the wealth and fame of being a footballer and imo he should be denied that job.

Yep, and his supporters should be disabused of any idea that Evans deserves anything except perhaps people spitting at him.

I fully foresee a possible future situation where if Evans gets back into the higher levels of professional football, he'll commit the same crime again, and where his supporters fall back on theories that the victim was a vengeful feminist out to get payback for his first offence, by fitting him up for a second.

Yep, and his supporters should be disabused of any idea that Evans deserves anything except perhaps people spitting at him.

I fully foresee a possible future situation where if Evans gets back into the higher levels of professional football, he'll commit the same crime again, and where his supporters fall back on theories that the victim was a vengeful feminist out to get payback for his first offence, by fitting him up for a second.

Unfortunately for him, she bit his cock off. Women everywhere celebrate. The end.

No one has given any evidence that consent was not given. Why shouldn't they be believed? They actually supplied the only evidence that sex took place!

I don't know why I'm surprised that you're spouting bullshit but seriously, she wakes up naked in a strange hotel room, I don't really need to go into what she might have smelt and felt from the night before, and you really think she phoned the police solely about her handbag?

Don't think these have been posted...

BBC apologises over Michael Buerk’s comments on Ched Evans case

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/22/bbc-apologises-michael-buerk-ched-evans-radio-4

BBC’s Michael Buerk: I was clumsy to criticise Ched Evans rape victim

BBC presenter Michael Buerk has said he was “clumsy” to criticise the Ched Evans rape victim for being drunk – but maintained her intoxicated state was central to the court case and “reflected on the kind of society that we are”.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/23/bbc-michael-buerk-clumsy-ched-evans-rape

A reminder of Buerk's 'opinions' (wiki):

Buerk asserted in a Radio Times interview in August 2005 that the "shift in the balance of power between the sexes" has gone too far, we need to "admit the problem", and that men are now little more than "sperm donors".[17][18] In particular, he objected to the many women now in senior positions within the BBC. Former newsreader Anna Ford commented: "He's a dear old-fashioned chauvinist of the first order."[19][20]
The article was published in anticipation of Buerk's 45-minute TV-essay, "Michael Buerk on What Are Men For?", which was part of a series on Channel Five, Don't Get Me Started! broadcast on Tuesday 23 August 2005. Guardian television reviewer Sam Wollaston thought Buerk had "been thoroughly, and quite rightly, crucified" in the pre-publicity.[21] At the Hay-on-Wye literary festival earlier in the year, Buerk criticised contemporary newsreaders for being overpaid autocue-reading "lame brains."[22]
At the end of 2012 he despaired of the state of Britain, and of the BBC. Of the Corporation's coverage of the Thames River Pageant celebrating Britain and the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne, he wrote: "The Dunkirk Little Ships, the most evocative reminders of this country’s bravest hour, were ignored so that a pneumatic bird-brain from Strictly Come Dancing could talk to transvestites in Battersea Park."[23][24]
In an article for Radio Times in April 2014 about 'grey power' in television he referred to presenters who had gone to employment tribunals over claims of age discrimination.[25] Several older female presenters have won cases over wrongful dismissal. Buerk wrote: "If you got the job in the first place mainly because you look nice, I can't see why you should keep it when you don't." Quoting a comment by Anne Robinson ("The viewers don’t want to watch ugly") he speculated: "She seemed to say it through gritted teeth, or at least a flawless but strangely taut face – a sign perhaps that she had taken her own advice to stop complaining and work on staying attractive."[25] He did though quote Angela Rippon who spoke positively about older people (including herself) being able to continue their careers in television.[26][27] Responding to Buerk in The Guardian, presenter Miriam O'Reilly, who won her case for unfair dismissal on age grounds in 2011, asserted: "The rules that apply to women in TV don't apply to men. Men can age, women can't. Women have to be attractive, men don't."[28]

A reminder of Buerk's 'opinions' (wiki):

Cheers for posting that up - Buerk's got a rap sheet as lang's my airm for this sort of shite.

This telegraph interview:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/3646058/What-I-meant-to-say-was....html

...ties his hostility and belittling of women to his having been brought up by a single mother. A flavour:

"Michael Buerk, suddenly in the front line of the sex war after taking on the 'femocracy', was brought up by his mother alone. He tells Olga Craig how far this has shaped his views...
"What I am saying is that it is women who set the agenda. OK, they don't have the commanding lights in politics or business - but to some extent they do in the media, where the agenda is set, if not run, by women, for women...
"One successful businessman said to me recently of women: 'They are not in my boardroom, but they have our nuts in the wringer.' Women are setting the agenda, even if they are not running things."

...Bloody femocracy setting the agenda again :mad:

I met her once. Or at least I was in the vicinity of her. Wedding of two of my best mates though, so was on good behaviour.

Several ways bmd really - I knew that MBuerk was a regressive fool, but didn't quite realise how bad he was, nor that he had a little coterie of like-minded fools to talk to, makes me shudder.

Also, I really appreciated the link to the Editors piece from the Star, which put my own thoughts into perspective. I think the footballer's PR machine has gone into overdrive, and I feel very bad for the person he raped. I hope he isn't rehabilitated in the way he clearly wishes to be. The enlightenment comes from feeling a lot clearer about my own opinions, praise be! lol

Back
Top Bottom