Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Accused rapist Ched Evans to be released from prison

i wonder if we can find anyone to defend rape threats? there's got to be someone on here who will do that.

Cheers

So was the different verdicts down to the jury deciding that she wasn't too drunk to consent when she met the first bloke, but by the time she got to the hotel she was, so the first bloke could have a reasonable belief to consent as she wasn't too drunk when she agreed to go to the hotel, but Ched having arrived later never had a time when she was able to give consent, or was it that she was never able to give consent but because the first bloke met her after the pub in relatively normal circumstances this would mean that he would have a reasonable belief that she could consent, whereas Ched coming to the hotel following the text was clearly being a predatory fuck and no way he could have a reasonable belief of consent?

Cos if it's the latter then I don't see how these cases open the doors to prosecuting people after drunken one-night stands, if anything I'd say that they show that you're not going to get a conviction in those circumstances, or the first bloke would have been convicted too, surely?
If it's the former then I'm not convinced it directly relates either, since Ched's behaviour wasn't that of someone on the pull on a friday night, where the first bloke's behaviour was*. I think that the jury would be able to see the difference between the actions and why one is rape and the other isn't (necessarily). I don't know how this would change if the people only ever met when one was too drunk to consent though.

*someone who is a predatory rapist and going out on a friday/sat night to find women who are too drunk and take advantage of them will behave in a very similar way to someone who isn't a predatory rapist but pulls someone and genuinely thinks they can give consent, so it's not like there isn't a grey area in reality, but that may be all that means he got acquitted as it couldn't be shown beyond reasonable doubt that he was on the pull and not reasonable to know she was too far gone, rather than heading out to target very drunk women.

It's the latter - this is to do with the timing component of rape; it is always at the time of penetration (in fact it's possible to withdraw consent during intercourse), meaning capacity will always be assessed at that point, not earlier. The jury decided two things; capacity for consent and reasonable belief in consent. The jury decided there was no capacity for consent with either man, but that McDonald had a reasonable belief (they met on the street, he then took her to the hotel etc).

Cheers Cid, it is how I thought then, and I don't really understand how this case can be seen to make it more likely/possible for someone to be convicted of rape when they've pulled on a night out, as that's what happened with the first bloke, who was acquitted. Ched is very different circumstances, turning up at the hotel following the text.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...estigate-website-showing-video-of-victim.html

Police are investigating a website set up by Ched Evans' family after a video showing the woman he raped appeared online.

The CCTV footage showed his victim arriving at the Rhyl hotel, where she was raped by the disgraced footballer.

North Wales Police said they were "aware" of the video, which has since been removed, and were "looking into" the website.

It's not since been removed: On his site; judge for yourself

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd recommend a little wander round that website for anyone not totally sure where they stand on this...
I've thought about it but I don't want to give it any more hits - I suspect this thread's given it enough already.

That daft fuck Michael Buerk wades in, with a bit of abuse for the victim:
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-says-bbcs-michael-buerk/ar-BBaByp9?ocid=iehp
I thought I'd misheard him this morning. What a fucking slut-shaming wanker. I must remember to turn the radio off this evening - if I have to listen to the Moral Maze discussing this subject, I may end up bashing my lovely DAB radio with a hammer

I thought I'd misheard him this morning. What a fucking slut-shaming wanker. I must remember to turn the radio off this evening - if I have to listen to the Moral Maze discussing this subject, I may end up bashing my lovely DAB radio with a hammer

..yes, especially if that Claire Fox and Michael Portillo are on it (like usual)

Michael Buerk has just trailed the Moral Maze again. He sounded satisfyingly subdued, unlike his tone of breathless excitement this morning

saw on twitter that the woman who started the petition asking Sheff Utd not to sign Ched Evans (150,000+ signatures) has been getting rape threats from ched supporters:facepalm:
So apparent did Judy whatshernames daughter because of the comments Judy made. Which is just, well I can't think of a word for it.

Rape threats are weird. Ime people very rarely say "I'm going to rape you" in real life in fact almost never. They say "I'm going to fuck you up" or "I'm going to kill you". On the internet in seems like totally the reverse is true.

How is a rape threat even a thing, like, how does it occur to someone. It makes me feel a bit bemused tbh.

They still do, every day. It's been in the papers quite a bit recently.

It's pretty common for something "weird."

It's a shock thing, someone can't form an opinion so says the most shocking thing in order to get a response....... The result of doing so belittles the actual meaning of the word to the point where an 11 year will happily say it in online gaming to someone they've just killed, and even adults will refer to pranking someone on facebook as "frape".

We live in a world with Internet users that will quite happily hound someone into taking their own life, go out of their way to ruin lives and abuse victims with absolutely no shame or a second thought. Heinous threats slot nicely into that spectrum of person unfortunately :(

Evans has released a personal video statement, basically apologising for his 'infidelity' and begging to be allowed to play football, claimed it was consensual,and he was stupid:facepalm: not a word about his victim

Back
Top Bottom