Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thread in praise of the private car!

You disappoint me :(

What I really want is the allroad version of Bahnhof Strasse's motor tbh

What does he have?

I like the A5 4 door too but there's fuck all rear legroom :(

I really like Audis :)
tbf I have come across some Audi drivers not driving like dicks recently so perhaps the repute is less deserved than it used to be :)

Before Audi drivers were accused of being the pushy ones, motorways had three lanes, loser lane, middle land and BMW lane!

What does he have?

tbf I have come across some Audi drivers not driving like dicks recently so perhaps the repute is less deserved than it used to be :)

Before Audi drivers were accused of being the pushy ones, motorways had three lanes, loser lane, middle land and BMW lane!
I am the Buddhist monk of Audi drivers tbh.

Hof drives an A6 shooting brake :D

I am the Buddhist monk of Audi drivers tbh.

Hof drives an A6 shooting brake :D

Shooting brake :D

Frau Bahn's being eyeing up the 3ltr A6 Black for a replacement in the next couple of months. She really didn't like the allroad though; why are they so much more expensive?

Oh and my karma's pretty good behind the wheel, no idea if the horn is on a stork or on the wheel. Can't remember ever using a horn...

Ours is old and Frau Bahn knocks bumpers a lot, so you really don't want it. New car will be no more than 12 months old, so will be scary letting her loose in it!!!

Went in a Porsche Panamera last weekend, gotta say, it's a great car, roomy, fast, looks good. Can't afford, way over my car budget.

Went in a Porsche Panamera last weekend, gotta say, it's a great car, roomy, fast, looks good. Can't afford, way over my car budget.
A friend of mine has one. I was expecting it to be a bit cramped in the back but it's a genuine 4/5 seater with plenty of leg and head room for 2 large adults. Not sure about the styling, tbh, but they're well sorted cars.

A friend of mine has one. I was expecting it to be a bit cramped in the back but it's a genuine 4/5 seater with plenty of leg and head room for 2 large adults. Not sure about the styling, tbh, but they're well sorted cars.

My tax guy used to have one. They are awesome cars but the turbos neck nearly as much oil as petrol!

Shooting brake :D

Frau Bahn's being eyeing up the 3ltr A6 Black for a replacement in the next couple of months. She really didn't like the allroad though; why are they so much more expensive?

factor in the replacement of all the tyres at the same time when they wear. a couple of mm difference on one tyre will not turn a VAG 4wd box to mush but something to bear in mind. get a non repairable puncture on well used VAG or volvo 4wd and you should ensure the replacement is within a couple of mm of the other 3...

I'm considering an Audi atm, might have to swap out the Golf for something bigger now we've got a littleun.
It's a X-plated Audi80 1.6 petrol; would I be a cunt driving it (normally, not like a cunt)?

12115704_1063536883665754_5831501376491838948_n.jpg

We're running out of them, tbh, but it seems that DownwardDog's motors are off the road at the moment so I'll reassign editor to you for the time being.

Right, just "bought" (complex leasing/tax scam) a BMW M5 "Dreissig Jahre" edition so I'm back in the game.

Observations:

a) The air conditioning is rubbish
b) I don't care because it does 0-60 in 3.9s and 199 mph

I'm going to use it sparingly until the lease finishes, buy it outright then sell it off. Probably.

i found the aircon in the m5 i had to be "adaptive" i.e. it kept the car at the temp i set but i was never quite sure how. i wanted icy blasts of air but it just wafted. yet the temp was fine.

the only real downside to the car i found was tyres... i went through a lot of tyres and they were not cheap

i found the aircon in the m5 i had to be "adaptive" i.e. it kept the car at the temp i set but i was never quite sure how. i wanted icy blasts of air but it just wafted. yet the temp was fine.

Yeah, this isn't 'adaptive', it's just not very good. Apparently they downsize the compressor in the M for packaging reasons.

Jabhat al Nusra have offered a 5 million Euro bounty to anyone who kills Bashar al-Assad.

Sometimes I really wish I had a car.

Posted from another thread.

You can't assassinate Assad without a private car. They are just multipurpose !! :)

Right, just "bought" (complex leasing/tax scam) a BMW M5 "Dreissig Jahre" edition so I'm back in the game.

Observations:

a) The air conditioning is rubbish
b) I don't care because it does 0-60 in 3.9s and 199 mph

I'm going to use it sparingly until the lease finishes, buy it outright then sell it off. Probably.

I've driven my mate's Tesla P85D this morning. The inconvient truth is that it is a better and (much) cheaper car than my new M5. Hum...

Back
Top Bottom