Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A muppet lord of the rings

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
Sam_Eagle.JPG

So someone is writing this up and sending it to the Henson company thing, yes? And CC'ing in Jackson? Because, if this doesn't get made I think I might fall into a brown study.
Very unlikely to get made considering what the rights would cost. Even if they had unlimited budget, the rights holders would no doubt not like the idea because it might (actually it would) detract from the original. This is an example of how copyright laws interfere with freedom of speech.

Very unlikely to get made considering what the rights would cost. Even if they had unlimited budget, the rights holders would no doubt not like the idea because it might (actually it would) detract from the original. This is an example of how copyright laws interfere with freedom of speech.
If they waited ten years...

More like seventy-five? Don't confuse copyright with patent.
No. I meant that most of the money would have been made on the original so they wouldn't loose out as much and so would be more likely to sell the rights; not that they would be able to make it regardless. In fact they might his a sweet spot where the owners of the rights thought that it could lead to a minor revival of the original.

No. I meant that most of the money would have been made on the original so they wouldn't loose out as much and so would be more likely to sell the rights; not that they would be able to make it regardless. In fact they might his a sweet spot where the owners of the rights thought that it could lead to a minor revival of the original.

plus tbh it would take 10 years to make..

but yeah i already emailed disney with the idea*. i anticipate a swift reply. i wil of course donate a good portion of my royalties to the server fund

*on advice from google i actually emailed the guy who produced the last muppet movie

well when i say posted on his twitter feed i mean contacted ricky gervais (who is meant to be in the next muppet film) and asked him to do it...

Big Bird could then take on the part of the Giant Eagle that rescues mithrander, in a comedic eagle rescuing eagle scene

Miss Piggy has to be Gandalf. Bossy and mysterious. The eagle isn't a strong enough character for a major role.

Sorry, but Miss Piggy would kick your ass to Mordor if you put her in a Gandalf costume. And Gandalf isn't bossy and Miss Piggy is not mysterious (heart on her sleeve gal)

on a side note theres way too mny shots of ian mckellan smiling slightly, twinkly eyed, while the dwarfs do something silly. in the new hobbit pic

I prefer gandalf the white (racism!) 'I come to you now, at the turning of the tide'

Sorry, but Miss Piggy would kick your ass to Mordor if you put her in a Gandalf costume. And Gandalf isn't bossy and Miss Piggy is not mysterious (heart on her sleeve gal)
Gandalf is constantly manipulating and leading people around. Fire magic hiiiiiiiija!
Plus Kermit should be Aragorn, typical white knight. Frodo role would be filled by the usual Muppet device of a human outsider transported in

no no, kermits quite humble as well, he's perfect for frodo

isildurs heir is way to high and mighty to be played by kermit

Back
Top Bottom