Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

1st Credit - you have paid off your debt and your account is closed...

Epona

Sonic: 1 Nov 2006 - 8 Jan 2022
YAY!

Next paragraph:
If you have a direct debit or standing order, be sure to cancel it otherwise we will continue to take money from you monthly and charge a £5 admin fee for each extra payment we take from you.

Is there no level to which these fuckbuckets won't stoop to make an extra couple of quid?
Bastard fuckbag wankers. :mad:

YAY!

Next paragraph:
If you have a direct debit or standing order, be sure to cancel it otherwise we will continue to take money from you monthly and charge a £5 admin fee for each extra payment we take from you.

Is there no level to which these fuckbuckets won't stoop to make an extra couple of quid?
Bastard fuckbag wankers. :mad:
whatever happened to the direct debit guatantee?

Thing is, that a disproportionate number of people who get involved with these fuckers (or any debt collection firm) in the first place may well be unable to cope with organising this sort of thing due to whatever reason (mental health issues, physical health issues, or just generally being so weighed down with debt and poverty that they are under a lot of stress), I can completely see that some people may well fail to cancel their DD/SO in time. These companies are utter fucking parasites.

whatever happened to the direct debit guatantee?

This is one of those firms that will threaten you down the phone with stuff that they would never be able to legally enforce (which is why you never deal with debt collection agents by phone, only ever in writing), I am not sure they would be able to get away with it in the longterm but it can still leave a mess to be sorted out, and folks out of pocket for a while. As for the DD guarantee, don't get me started on how banks can shaft you when you are at your lowest point.

Reply to them by e-mail with a very long and involved 'if you receive this e-mail in error ...' paragraph in 6 point text, working in a sentence like 'any further correspondence from your company will be taken to be a full legal agreement that the original amount paid to me was in fact a gift and you agree to repay it in full.' When they complain say "well you should have read the small print".

It worked for a town clerk who apparently slipped ‘The town clerk's marriage is hereby dissolved’ into Section 87 of the Liverpool Corporation Act in the 1850s which went through the House late at night. :)

Reply to them by e-mail with a very long and involved 'if you receive this e-mail in error ...' paragraph in 6 point text, working in a sentence like 'any further correspondence from your company will be taken to be a full legal agreement that the original amount paid to me was in fact a gift and you agree to repay it in full.' When they complain say "well you should have read the small print".

It worked for a town clerk who apparently slipped ‘The town clerk's marriage is hereby dissolved’ into Section 87 of the Liverpool Corporation Act in the 1850s which went through the House late at night. :)

Never heard of the trick by the Liverpool Town Clerk - but certainly an ingenious way to do it. :cool:

It's referred to here in a debate in 1969:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=1969-02-20a.894.2

Back
Top Bottom