Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

X factor thread

Someone in the SCD thread on here said they get spoilers from Digital Spy where someone who goes to SCD which is filmed in mid-morning posts up the results.

To make squillions of dollars, dandelion braynes.

Hm, doesn't look like he got the job which means he's absolutely distraught as he won't be making squillions of dollars

The move, which is sure to come as a blow to Dermot, is said to be motivated by Cowell not wanting too many Brits on the show. With himself and Cheryl Cole (who signed a deal to star on the show last week) Cowell felt that three British people would be too many.

A source close to Cowell told News Of The World: "He is a fan of Dermot and thinks he's done a good job with the show in the UK.

"But there could only be Simon and an absolute maximum of one other Brit on the show. He wants that Brit to be Cheryl.

"Dermot will be completely distraught. He spent months in America lobbying to get this job. He held out a lot of hope.

Isn't Shaun Ryder looking terrific? Lean, sharp...just said Matt Cardle looks like Simon and Garfunkel, which looks a bit shit written down but was funny as fuck the way he delivered it deadpan, almost cross.

Balls! I taped X factor whilst away in india. Was catching up on my various series but wasn't yet in the mood for x factor.

Avoiding the news etc. Found out who the winner was via Facebook. /Balls.

Balls! I taped X factor whilst away in india. Was catching up on my various series but wasn't yet in the mood for x factor.

Avoiding the news etc. Found out who the winner was via Facebook. /Balls.

Isn't the whole idea of Facebook and Twitter so you can keep up with things?

And they are pushing out a cover version of a shit song.

Radical move from Simon and Co.

NOT!

Good luck to the fellow though but the stigma of you're that bloke who won X factor will never leave him when he's back with a paint brush in his hand.

I think personally the whole farce has had its day, there was not one stand out vocalist IMO.

I think the lot of them were average tbh and there will be a few 1 record wonders until next year.

None of the previous winners show longevity and its just a money maker for Slime-on.

None of the previous winners show longevity and its just a money maker for Slime-on.

Depends what you mean by longevity. Leona Lewis is a massive worldwide star and Alexandra Burke is doing OK too. I'll give you Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leon Jackson and Joe McElderry though.

Depends what you mean by longevity. Leona Lewis is a massive worldwide star and Alexandra Burke is doing OK too. I'll give you Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leon Jackson and Joe McElderry though.

Moving away from winners: JLS have obviously had huge success so far, albeit over a short period of time and Rhydian has carved a very lucrative career for himself on the stage (success doesn't have to all be about being a recording artist). Diana Vickers also had a very successful run on stage, for which she received an award and she continues to release records too. Olly Murs has also just released an album.

Success, of course, is relative. If, as a consequence of appearing in X-Factor, a contestant manages to subsequently forge a whole career in music, is that not a success for them? Does it really have to be a case of megastardom or bust? If instead of being a shop assistant, they lead a cast on the West End -- well, that seems pretty successful to me.

Did anyone else think that Christina Aguilera performance was a bit :eek: for a family show before the watershed. Also a shameless plug for her new film. I thought she looked like a cheap tart next to Rebecca as well. :D

Was watching with my mum, who thought Rihanna was bit :eek: for before the watershed... she went off to make tea and I called her back in to see Christina :D

OFCOM and ITV have received 1000 complaints about their performances :D

Union busting scumbags

As John Smith of the Musician’s Union reported to the TUC’s General Council today, prior to Saturday’s live final (part 1) an e-mail was sent out to music colleges seeking ’camera friendly’ female violinists to appear on the show at below union-agreed rates. What’s more the email went on to specify that potential applicants should not be members of the Musicians Union.

Back
Top Bottom