Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wristwatches, watches and watch-like gadgets

That's pretty nice.

Decent Japanese movement and not something you'll see everyone wearing.

Go for it! :)

Bought a silvery-blue Seiko Presage on holiday last week and for the time being, it's my new favourite watch.

Tudor-chrome.jpg

I was killing time in Wales and tried the BB41 Monochome on a jubilee. This piece blew me away.
Wears a lot smaller than a 41 and feels like a 39. The thickness of the piece is also confusing - 13.6mm but it wears like a Sub except for the domed sapphire (and the actual bezel is thin and much lighter). Very comfortable and somewhat muted. Its what I consider to be a watch nerd's watch. I understand the hype its getting.

I am going through a buying phase, and it's bothering me. ]
Serious watch bug, and it's made worse since I stopped drinking and smoking weed (before, I used to get smashed and order/ bid/ trade on online).

Anyone experienced this? Any advice on how to manage it?
I promised myself one watch every three years, then one watch a year, and currently, two watches yearly.
I do flip a lot, lose some/ win some - but fuck me, I have had some expensive lessons :(

I am still to buy my first watch and have fallen down this black hole.
I have selected a dozen + watches for a further look. My favourite so far is used
comes with box, papers Etc. but is a few years old. My concern is it has b=never been serviced.

I am still to buy my first watch and have fallen down this black hole.
I have selected a dozen + watches for a further look. My favourite so far is used
comes with box, papers Etc. but is a few years old. My concern is it has b=never been serviced.

What's your shortlist?

2 or 3 Baumes, 2 or 3 Bremont's, Alfa Romeo & Maserati.
Would you pay £2500 is for a watch that is 6 or 7 years old and has never been serviced?
This hasn't been. This is favourite Baume & Mercier Clifton for £2,940 for sale from a Private Seller on Chrono24

Servicing a Valjoux/ ETA movement should be straightforward and done by any competent watchmaker. It is overpriced and will likely need a service. The seller is also in the US.
B&M MOA10278 is quite difficult to source! Have you looked at Longines (these can be picked up on Ebay for £1400 - 1500 ish) or FC. That complication is proper thick and makes the watch quite chunky.
JLC offers it relatively thin but that's silly money.

Last edited:

I'm so tempted by this, but am showing massive restraint as I really can't justify it, the VAT payable will piss me off and my car will need a service and some bits done on it next month.

Those are my reasons. :(

But just look at it!

Back
Top Bottom