Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wristwatches, watches and watch-like gadgets

I saw that leather strap the other day, it's one of the few on offer that fit, but I'm after rubber or silicone really. Spoke to a bloke on Etsy who thinks he can rustle one up for me.

It's a nice little watch really, nice sunburst dial and after checking it for a few days has been +3 seconds a day, which is great.

Just have to get this strap sorted so I can start wearing it.

I saw that leather strap the other day, it's one of the few on offer that fit, but I'm after rubber or silicone really. Spoke to a bloke on Etsy who thinks he can rustle one up for me.

It's a nice little watch really, nice sunburst dial and after checking it for a few days has been +3 seconds a day, which is great.

Just have to get this strap sorted so I can start wearing it.

Citizen's automatic movement often gets overlooked, and for the money, I think they surpass Seiko within that price range.
I was looking at Farer's Erebus II - and read that Citizen owns La Joux-Perret SA. This has only made me want to get this particular watch more.

I've somehow lost my Samsung watch of whatever version it was. While in the house. Weeks it's been gone. Multiple attempts at tidying up and looking in weird places and of course it's dead so no use trying to ping it. Second one that's gone after I left one at a gym. This time is confusing tho as when it went missing I'd not left the house in about 3 days.

Depends on the size of your wrist partly. Also fashion (after a few years of large watches the fashion is for smaller sizes again).

Personally, 42mm is the largest I go. I’ve also got a 36mm which is lovely.

Went with a 42, I’m not small, but fuck me, a 46 would have looked like a Falvor Flav tribute! Happy with 42, eyesight not really good enough for much smaller.

Very happy with my Casio digital watch. The basic ones I used to use would last a couple of years before the strap broke. It was almost cheaper to buy a new watch than a replacement strap.

Since then I bought a slightly more modern Casio which does dual time zones also all the usual stop watch features but it seems Casio have been listening to their users because it also has a more beefy strap.

1695418853765.png

Last edited:
Where is a good + reputable place / site to sell a watch?

Have realised that I have probably only worn my 1999 Old Navitimer about 5 times in the last 10 years. I think I have the papers and the box (although broken hinge) somewhere stored in the roof.

I assume that watch finder will probably scalp me & eBay would be too dodgy?

Attachments

• IMG_8980.PNG
    IMG_8980.PNG
    916.7 KB · Views: 11
Probably Chrono24.

Haven't sold anything there but have bought a '69 Omega and '78 Yema both from a dealer in Holland and privately from a bloke in Italy and both were excellent transactions.

Also you can see similar watches to get a better idea of value of the one you're selling.

Sold an Alpina to Watchfinder a few years back and they just paid me the minimum of their valuation scale, so fuck them.

Ebay? Nah.

Don't sit up too late trawling through Chrono24 when you're pissed though, it can be expensive. :D

Edited to add, here are the current 1999 Navitimers for sale there:

Last edited:
TZ forums are a good place to sell.
And believe it or not, Ebay.
I have sold many times on Ebay and even met buyers at Car Parks in the middle of the night (don't ask).
Seemingly, from memory, it went well.

ETA - try also Subdial - the guys there are really helpful.

I have thin, girlie wrists so option A would never work for me. That said, I do quite like option B despite the fact that it's the only one I'd wear by default.

It's not so much how actually chunky they are. B looks hefty enough. It's more how they'd look on the wrist. Plus I quite like actual numbers on the dial. Stowa Antea is my usual day to day.

Not a fan of Bremont so will naturally go to option A.
The B&M doesn't look that different and maybe dated in one or two years time.

Have you looked at Tag or Tudor?
Tag yes, Tudor no.
I really fancy a Monaco, especially in Gulf colours but I think it would be too big on me and then there is the price.
I cant stand the Tag smart watches, it needs to be analogue. Also Tags are more of a brand and like Breitlings can be overly flash.
I would rather go for something a little understated.

I needed a smart watch (need to be able to do ECGs, monitor heart rhythm etc) but I hate the look of smart watches - most of them are hideous. Ended up with a Withings scan watch - doesn't look like a smart watch but does all the fancy stuff.

Attachments

• 17044665587603761532195283156989.jpg
    17044665587603761532195283156989.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2
Not a fan of Bremont either, they just leave me cold for some unexplainable reason.

I can walk psst one of their shops and not be remotely interested in anything in the window, so option B would me a massive no from me. :D

I'd prefer say a Stowa Marine Classic Sport, a bit of an updated Marine:

Marine Classic Sport arabic automatic basic without date rubber strap

As a brand, I really like Stowa.

The B&M doesn't do much for me either. :(

A totally wild card option woukd be one of the chronos from Guinand, a tiny company making watches in tiny numbers in Frankfurt, reviving an old Swiss name by Helmut Sinn (of Sinn watches) in the '90s

The Greyline looks lovely. :)

Not a fan of Bremont either, they just leave me cold for some unexplainable reason.

I can walk psst one of their shops and not be remotely interested in anything in the window, so option B would me a massive no from me. :D

I'd prefer say a Stowa Marine Classic Sport, a bit of an updated Marine:

Marine Classic Sport arabic automatic basic without date rubber strap

As a brand, I really like Stowa.

The B&M doesn't do much for me either. :(

A totally wild card option woukd be one of the chronos from Guinand, a tiny company making watches in tiny numbers in Frankfurt, reviving an old Swiss name by Helmut Sinn (of Sinn watches) in the '90s

The Greyline looks lovely. :)
Liking the Stowa's more.

Tag yes, Tudor no.
I really fancy a Monaco, especially in Gulf colours but I think it would be too big on me and then there is the price.
I cant stand the Tag smart watches, it needs to be analogue. Also Tags are more of a brand and like Breitlings can be overly flash.
I would rather go for something a little understated.

I rarely see anyone pulling off a Monaco - its wears similarly to the Speedy 2 reissues - just massive chunks of metal.
Modern-modern Breitlings have changed - less blingy now and all with decent movements.

Check out the Tudor Black Bay Chrono / panda dial - it's very decent.

Tudor-Black-Bay-Chrono-41-Automatic-Mens-Watch-M79360N-0002-41-mm-White-Dial

Silicone straps are quite nice, I have a couple of duel colour Barton straps which work well with a couple of watches: Grey and mint green on a Traska and blue & red on a Marloe. :)

Half decent British watch? Yes please
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom