Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women’s Football (aka ‘Football’) 2022/23

belboid

Exasperated, not angry.
Seeing as we're all massive fans now, one thread for the upcoming season seems like a minimum requirement.

Kick off is barely 17 days away, can Chelsea retain the title? Can Spurs challenge the top four quadopoly? Can manure still fuck off despite the presence of Russo et al?

More to the point, will the blades cut through the opposition and get up to the top table?

Ohh, there’s also some World Cup malarkey too.

7EA03200-4147-4D8C-A129-C8E7B98C943A.jpeg

Last edited:
Alex Morgan's tea drinking celebration in promo pic for match v England

Just on the international stuff I did smile at this, and no bigger compliment than to be rivals with the USA 👍

Me, I am now supporting Lewes, East Sussex. Lovely little town, superb brewery AND the male and female players are paid the same. That's equality for you 🤞
They seem to have the most expensive season tickets in the top two divisions, £110! Most other teams seem to be £60, spurs are £70 and Chelsea only &50 (no champions league tickets in that tho). Arsenal don’t seem to have a season ticket out yet, but are charging up to £20 for the match against spurs at Highbury.

Seeing as we're all massive fans now, one thread for the upcoming season seems like a minimum requirement.

Kick off is barely 17 days away, can Chelsea retain the title? Can Spurs challenge the top four quadopoly? Can manure still fuck off despite the presence of Russo et al?

More to the point, will the blades cut through the opposition and get up to the top table?

Ohh, there’s also some World Cup malarkey too.

View attachment 335810
When are the games typically played?

Saturdays or Sundays, very rare there’s a game midweek.

Oddly, the WSL site says the league ‘kicks off in august’ but doesn’t lift any matches until September 10/11

Saturdays or Sundays, very rare there’s a game midweek.

Oddly, the WSL site says the league ‘kicks off in august’ but doesn’t lift any matches until September 10/11
Ta. Meantime I googled it. Looks like mostly Sundays. Which allows fans of the men's game to attend. I'll try to see a few this season. I've had tickets for the women's FA Cup final a few times, but, for a variety of reasons - work, sickness, other commitments - never made it.

There’ll still be a few games moved when all the tv dates get sorted for the mens. As far as practicable even the FA realised the men and the women shouldn’t be playing the same day

There’ll still be a few games moved when all the tv dates get sorted for the mens. As far as practicable even the FA realised the men and the women shouldn’t be playing the same day
I wouldn't put it past the FA to turn the surge of interest in women's football into a clusterfuck in short order.

Reading are still clinging on as the only “non premier league club” in the WSL and long may it continue.

Fran Kirby is, of course, a product of RFC’s academy- hope they have more great players coming through.

The Conti Cup draw has been made. Actual fixtures to be released, the groups have two at home and two away (midweek), no kind of seeding or owt. I guess I hope we got ManUre, cos thjey are kinda good, but I bet we end up with Durham & Villa

Group A

Aston Villa
Sheffield United
Everton
Durham
Manchester United

Group B

Leicester City
Sunderland
Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers

Group C

Brighton & Hove Albion
Birmingham City
West Ham United
London City Lionesses

Group D

Bristol City
Charlton Athletic
Lewes
Crystal Palace

Group E

Southampton
Reading
Tottenham Hotspur
Coventry United

Last edited:
Souness has always been a complete shit. Even before he began his Sun column
He's completely in the wrong here, and for having anything to do with The Sun. But I do have a little soft spot for him for signing Mo Johnson for Rangers.

You can catch Swansea City Women v Cardiff Met Ladies on Welsh language S4C today, it's probably well into the 2nd half by now I think but you can watch it from the start via the iplayer 👍

8-0 in the end. Totally dominant display from United, cov barely looked like shooting let alone scoring. Just a shame we couldn’t sit on the sunny side of the stadium, it got bloody chilly where we were.

Coventry are shit though.

5-0 to the blades and it’s only half time. A fairly reasonable intro to club football for mrsb
They did actually manage to just about threaten once or twice against Palace, cheered on by their 1 fan in the stadium 😁
Aside from what's in your photo was there much of a crowd, any post Euros boost?

They did actually manage to just about threaten once or twice against Palace, cheered on by their 1 fan in the stadium 😁
Aside from what's in your photo was there much of a crowd, any post Euros boost?
Hard to know whether it’s the euros or the fact that they’re playing at bramall lane now, but an attendance of 1141 is about double last years average I think.

I did like that one of the cov players played with glasses on. One of their better players too.

Hard to know whether it’s the euros or the fact that they’re playing at bramall lane now, but an attendance of 1141 is about double last years average I think.

I did like that one of the cov players played with glasses on. One of their better players too.
That's great to hear, hopefully can be maintained through the season!
I think that's Katy Morris, I remember noticing her when we played them too 😊

Back
Top Bottom