Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wingate & Finchley away, 24 Oct 2023, Isthmian Prem

Bugpowder Dust

Uh oh, W&F are on a right tear at the moment, they put six past Canvey Island on Saturday.

Still, it's on the tube, there's a very decent brewpub nearby (The Bohemia), and Hamlet finally seem to have a settled team.

Warning for anyone planning to get food at the ground, last time there was a 30 minute plus queue because the catering place also does deliveroo, which they prioritise over football customers. And it's in a dip where you can't see the pitch. Recommend eating beforehand.

Drop me a line if you're at the Bohemia, I live in Finchley and might be able to join you.

I might come along to this. If I do, my expectation levels will stay at the now default level of 'very low.'

*update: I can't be arsed, sadly

Last edited:
Warning for anyone planning to get food at the ground, last time there was a 30 minute plus queue because the catering place also does deliveroo, which they prioritise over football customers. And it's in a dip where you can't see the pitch. Recommend eating beforehand.
That sounds shambolic. Things like this don't half wind me up. If I'm a customer and I'm there in person, I don't expect to be put on hold while online or telephone orders are dealt with ahead of mine. I guess it exists as a "ghost kitchen" every other night of the week, i.e. there's no physical customer interface, it's there purely to prepare meals for delivery to online customers, and with tiny home crowds (103 v Horsham last Tuesday) it provides a token service for the football matches.

with tiny home crowds (103 v Horsham last Tuesday)
How do they even function as an Isthmian Prem football club with that many fans? Even if the players play for free (which I'm sure they don't) that's hardly enough through the gate to pay for the electricity for the floodlights, let alone all the other running costs.

How do they even function as an Isthmian Prem football club with that many fans? Even if the players play for free (which I'm sure they don't) that's hardly enough through the gate to pay for the electricity for the floodlights, let alone all the other running costs.
They'll probably still beat us too :(

Who remembers this from 5 years ago?

I was there!

I'd forgotten what a horrible night that was.

I was there!

I'd forgotten what a horrible night that was.

Entertaining, but even at local semi-pro level the 10 on back stick must have had a bet on, with his decision to head back into the goal mouth:D. Similarly the 4 who then head back across the goal. The 2 who saved with his head on floor on the near post, not so much:D

Tonight's team. Clifton and Ricketts replace Romain and Shokunbi in the squad from Saturday, with the former starting in place of Mills.

Back
Top Bottom