Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's Been to Israel?

It’s the security done by army at borders not the airlines.
That's what I'd have thought but I've often heard about "El Al" security, and here again a couple of times on the thread. It seems to suggest that they have independent checks.

It’s the security done by army at borders not the airlines. When you get a yellow sticker on your passport let us know the number, I’m going to bet yours starts with a 6 (that’s bad).

All the mad questions I was asked was by El Al staff before I queued to check my luggage in etc.

I dunno I went easyJet last time and the security people who talk to you in the queue looking deep into your eyes are really not from easyJet.

That'll be fun. I get the third degree pretty much every time I travel anyway. Israel should be pretty special.

Me and my friend flew with BA. Intense questioning like I've never had before or since when leaving the country, 'did you go to Arab areas, did you speak to Arabs?' etc. 'Yes and yes' which attracted further scrutiny.

The old friend we were staying with worked for a prestigious NGO and had diplomatic status. He stayed with us up to the point of departure, which he'd learned to do with visitors as the last friend who'd come over had been strip-searched!

What I don't understand is why they scrutinise you on exit rather than entry. With the latter we just got waved through despite both having Egyptian visas in our passports.

It’s in case you’re gonna bomb the flight isn’t it. Last time I crossed to Egypt & back on the pedestrian border thing. On return they put me in an office room alone & left me there for half an hour before coming back in saying ok off you go. That was very strange. Felt sure I was being watched .

Just el al mainly - they have a long history of being targeted and are justifiably cautious. Easyjet to TLV is just easyjet. No need to go through the El Al multi level interrogation process or arrive 4 hours early to clear security. Also a handful of all el al passengers will be fully tooled and loaded for bear security. Return leg is different as you are on their turf but as ever , don’t be a nob with border officials anywhere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom