Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will win the world cup?

Winner 2010

• Total voters
Spain if Torres stays fit. Fabregas can hardly get in the team, they must be good!

You always need a bit of luck to win a knock-out competition, but if Spain play like they did in the Europeans and have just average luck, I can't see anyone except Brazil beating them. Brazil, on the other hand, can probably be beaten by several teams.

So: Spain, with Brazil possibles. But if there's a bit of outrageous fortune that sees Spain go out, any one of half a dozen, including England, have a chance.

I'm not really sure who will win , my brain says spain but I have this feeling they won't do it so I've gone for a wild stab in the dark and said Netherlands . As long as it's not Italy or Brazil .

I think they (and especially Messi) have potential to overcome Maradona. Unless he does Tony Mowbray and plays Messi at left back.

I think they (and especially Messi) have potential to overcome Maradona. Unless he does Tony Mowbray and plays Messi at left back.

depends on the squad he takes . In the qualifying he wasn't picking some of the best players for the squad so there is no guarantee he will play his best team . He seems utterly clueless , unless the qualifying was a sneaky way to make everyone underestimate Argentina .

How bad is Maradona, then? Surely the national manager's job's a piece of piss, really. You pick the best players and send them out to play. That's all Sven ever seemed to do (except he didn't always pick the best players).

Very very bad.

They have looked a shambles throughout qualifying losing(6-1 against bolivia, losing against ecuador, paraguay) and drawing( injury time draw to ecuador!, draw against paraguay & peru) some fairly easy matches, maradonna has been picking strange teams with big names being left out and none of them look like they can be arsed.

They only made the world cup by an unconvincing win against Uruguay.

dave

Club manager's a proper job, but I've always felt the national manager is a part-time role, really. It's a very cushie job.

I went for the Netherlands as an outside bet. I know they always disappoint but I do like the way they tend to play.

Ing-ger-lund!

Well I hope so, in reality though I think Brazil are the top favourites and Spain second. England are about 3rd favourites, but a little way behind those two.

Argentina have some great players, but they're handicapped by their manager, I just don't think they can be thought of as the favourites under Maradona who has so fart failed miserably to get the team to work.

Germany will be an ever present threat.

Netherlands have a good team, but I still think they've got to be behind England as they don't have quite the quality of players England do.

France have some top drawer players, but have been a bit listless.

Italy still a good team, but haven't had the young players coming through to replace the older ones and will be relying on veterans who's best days are behind them.

Beyond that you have a couple of dark horses in Portugal and the Ivory Coast and the rest are just there to make up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom