Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who should light the flame?

Which of them should light the flame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belboid

Exasperated, not angry.
There are only two choices really, aren't there? It's 5 time sit on your arse going backwards guy, or the two time Jack of All (Atheltic) Trades, King of None bloke. With a token mention for guy who ran fast fifty years ago and wheelchair woman.

5 times guy doesn't cut it for me - a) its sitting on your arse; b)it was never just him; and c) if anyone can do it for 16 years, then there's obviously something too simple about it. Then he rounded off his lack of worth by saying that Daley Thompson isn't even in the top 5 Brit Olympians at all. Silly boy.

All-rounder chap is merely let down by being good mates with Coe.

Alan Wells.

I'd go for Daley Thompson as I lurved him when I was little. and that comment from Redgrave has annoyed me so he deserves to have to pass it to Thompson to do the deed. But mates with Coe? hmm.

This one's still alive but no wheelchair

article-2146736-005454AB00000258-551_634x484.jpg

or, I wonder if someone totally unexpected, like a survivor of the London bombings, considering that was the day after London won the Olympics or....

Cherie Blair - as she won the Olympics for Britain!

according to her husband

Or, Margaret Thatcher. She's probably being wheeled about in a wheelchair now

This one's still alive but no wheelchair

article-2146736-005454AB00000258-551_634x484.jpg

or, I wonder if someone totally unexpected, like a survivor of the London bombings, considering that was the day after London won the Olympics or....

Cherie Blair - as she won the Olympics for Britain!

according to her husband

Or, Margaret Thatcher. She's probably being wheeled about in a wheelchair now
O2 and flames mix a bit too well...

I think they should get Goldie Looking Chain to light it. That would be teh well funnies.

Roger Bannister possible

How about a medal winner still alive from the 1948 games, although I doubt they'd be that well known except among sporting types

eta: Mrs M's already come up with that suggestion

*curses Mrs M*

Back
Top Bottom