Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Whisky recommendations?

The best I have tried is a 1973 Springbank sherry cask at cask strength let down with spring water.

ETA it was a gift of 100ml. As it retails at about £4k per bottle I was pretty happy to try for free

Last edited:
Having just been to Skye, I discovered a fine alternative to Talisker, which is now undrinkable as I discover the company was set up by Donald Trumps ancestors rent collectors/enforcers. And in a place Samuel Johnson described as the place beyond all that I have seen, from which the gay and the jovial seem utterly excluded. So fuck them.

Torabhaig turns out to be delicious. I'm presuming the ones I had in the pub (£4.80 for 35ml, such a bargain!) were from the standard bottle, a mere 4 years old at 46% with a taste that belies its youth. Torabhaig Single Malt - 2017 - Torabhaig Distillery

I brought home a mid-range one, with gentle bonfire smoke, salinity, maltiness, and sweet, vanilla-led oaky spice. 61% but you'd never believe it (until you went to stand up). Delicious Torabhaig Allt Gleann Batch Strength - Torabhaig Distillery

Been enjoying a bit of lidls speyside while watching a film. My drinks cabinet is in the living room so don’t miss any film if I get a drink plus easier on the bladder

Think the bottle had been untouched this year until this week. Will probably get another bottle when it runs out.
Is that the one that's a 'dupe' for Laphroaig?

Having just been to Skye, I discovered a fine alternative to Talisker, which is now undrinkable as I discover the company was set up by Donald Trumps ancestors rent collectors/enforcers. And in a place Samuel Johnson described as the place beyond all that I have seen, from which the gay and the jovial seem utterly excluded. So fuck them.

Torabhaig turns out to be delicious. I'm presuming the ones I had in the pub (£4.80 for 35ml, such a bargain!) were from the standard bottle, a mere 4 years old at 46% with a taste that belies its youth. Torabhaig Single Malt - 2017 - Torabhaig Distillery

I brought home a mid-range one, with gentle bonfire smoke, salinity, maltiness, and sweet, vanilla-led oaky spice. 61% but you'd never believe it (until you went to stand up). Delicious Torabhaig Allt Gleann Batch Strength - Torabhaig Distillery
Eek! His family aren't all total and utter cunts, but there seems to be an overwhelming proportion of them who are. Eurgh!

That’s probably the Islay?

Is that the one that's a 'dupe' for Laphroaig?

I think that's a bit unfair, it's a cheap Islay and perfectly pleasent but not that like Laphroaig other then it's an Islay. To my undesirable palate I prefer a cheap Speyside as its just smooth, but if I'm spending more (or someone is giving me a gift) I'll get something like Laphroaig Quarter Cask which has more character.

Back
Top Bottom