Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where is the worst place you have ever traveled to?

Manila. Whole families sleeping on streets foul with detritus, next to swanky developments. And plenty of security toting machine guns. Even the doorman on MacDonalds has a machine gun.

Internationally, Dubai, by a long way. Atlanta is pretty shit with palpable racism.

In the UK, pretty much any coastal town in Kent or Essex with Canvey Island and The Isle of Sheppey topping the list. If the current populations are anything to go buy they must have been penal colonies in the past.

Internationally, Dubai, by a long way. Atlanta is pretty shit with palpable racism.

In the UK, pretty much any coastal town in Kent or Essex with Canvey Island and The Isle of Sheppey topping the list. If the current populations are anything to go buy they must have been penal colonies in the past.
Had wonderful fish and chips on Canvey Island

Times 1000. I'd rather spend a week in Türkmenbaşy, Playa de las Américas, Cumbernauld or the top end of Krasnoyarsk Krai.

Calama, Dudinka, and Nur-Sultan are all relatively charm free. There are plenty more (lots of instantly forgettable places in the US). The Vatican City State seems to be the hotbed of some cult.

I've always found Naples (NA) a fantastic and fascinating place, though visiting there with a local might help to some degree.

I know you're just talking about places you've visited, and you're nice, but man. It's like name-dropping but for places.

I've driven round it three or four times. Every time I've ended up in the wrong lane at some point. I excuse it by having a foreign car that doesn't understand roundabouts.
i have to do that cursed roundabout this morning & am sat here watching videos about it on youtube to prepare myself :(.

i have to do that cursed roundabout this morning & am sat here watching videos about it on youtube to prepare myself :(.

If it's anything like the Swindon one, all you need to remember is to drive slowly and give way to everyone.

Unless you're a taxi driver, in which case fuck the road markings and just drive right through.

I got angry beeped twice, haven’t been angry beeped at all for months. Just don’t get that roundabout : (
The way to deal with it is just to forget about the big roundabout in the middle and to treat it like a normal road with a series of mini roundabouts.

There are only a handful of the fucking things in the country so I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

Iceland. Shit food, eye wateringly expensive, we went when Gordon Brown has just seized their banks so they were not welcoming to the Brits, Northern lights tour cancelled two nights in a row, mr Shakes getting pulled by sniffer dogs at the airport and hauled off for interrogations, Mr Shakes being so weird I seriously thought he was going to dump me. The upside, he’d been trying to propose all weekend but everywhere was so shithe didn’t want to do it. I eventually guessed late on the last night.
Ajman in the Emirates. Got taken to the doctors there while filming in the next Emirate. Doctor gave me penicillin despite me being allergic to it and wearing a medicalert bracelet. Wouldn’t speak to me or look at me. Awful place

The first place that sprung to mind was Northampton because I was going through a dull period in my life when I was there.

But that would be unfair to the place beside which I think DotCommunist comes from somewhere in those parts.

So instead I nominate Mount ISA in Australia which I hitched through as fast as I could with my heavy rucksack and didn't seem to have any redeeming features whatsoever.

Iceland. Shit food, eye wateringly expensive, we went when Gordon Brown has just seized their banks so they were not welcoming to the Brits, Northern lights tour cancelled two nights in a row, mr Shakes getting pulled by sniffer dogs at the airport and hauled off for interrogations, Mr Shakes being so weird I seriously thought he was going to dump me. The upside, he’d been trying to propose all weekend but everywhere was so shithe didn’t want to do it. I eventually guessed late on the last night.
Ajman in the Emirates. Got taken to the doctors there while filming in the next Emirate. Doctor gave me penicillin despite me being allergic to it and wearing a medicalert bracelet. Wouldn’t speak to me or look at me. Awful place
That’s a shame about Iceland. I reckon you were just unfortunate. It’s expensive and bleak, but unique, and has a lot to recommend it.

Completely agree about the UAE. Shit hole extraordinaire.

Margate, Ramsgate and sandwich are not so bad. Broadstairs is great for a quiet life and top of the pile, lively, happening possibly trendy is whitstable.

Ha! My massively racist Tory step sister lives in Lutterworth. Given this is somewhere she's chosen over Northampton, Towcester and Daventry, I can well believe it's dreadful, even if it has a Waitrose :D:D
The last time I went to Lutterworth I surprised a man trying to break into my car to retrieve his pistol.

I haven't been back since.

Back
Top Bottom