Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What was the last piece of music to totally blow your mind?

Gabriel Fuare's Requiem Mass is a superior work IMO.

I think you mean Fauré.
I like that too, but it's so much later in time (and in a much more modern style) that a direct comparison is fairly meaningless - they're like different genres.
Fauré's Requiem has some great elements, but I find it lacks the same sort of drama and pathos.

I do, but only just woken up ;)

The comparison was more to do with orchestral masses rather tan timelines. GF's is far more haunting IMO, but each to their own :D

I'm listening to Holy Fuck a lot lately and this one particularly made me think of this thread:

Their set in the 'Far Out' tent at GM 2011 was truly memorable; they really filled that tent with sound. Up there in my top 10 live sets.

whenever I listen to this I get the feeling all other music is pointless.

I know what you mean. It's considerably less mental, but you may appreciate this:

I'm not sure what it is: prog rock played on a mixture of traditional Korean instruments, with a hint of shtetl klezmer thrown in?

I know what you mean. It's considerably less mental, but you may appreciate this:

I'm not sure what it is: prog rock played on a mixture of traditional Korean instruments, with a hint of shtetl klezmer thrown in?

We brought Jambinai over twice this year, once for Womad and once of K-Music festival. Great band.

If you like this,. why not try; Polysics. Saw these in Camden somewhere about 8 years ago; awesome live

We brought Jambinai over twice this year, once for Womad and once of K-Music festival. Great band.

If you like this,. why not try; Polysics. Saw these in Camden somewhere about 8 years ago; awesome live

That's good fun and I can see how it could be great live. But it does rather leave me wishing it would go properly off-road in the middle, Melt Banana-style.

Lovers of middle eastern music might like this:

And doubters of the virtues of drum solos might still enjoy the first of their two vids:

Back
Top Bottom