Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What genre best describes Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip?

Corax

Luke 5:16
Quick question, as in the title.

"British hip hop" doesn't seem sufficient. I mean, I like Foreign Beggars and Skinnyman as well, but they're sweet fuck all similar to Scroobs'n'Dan...

Give me a link. I quite like Scroobius pip. Although his podcast is far too much waffle and adverts.

Quick question, as in the title.

"British hip hop" doesn't seem sufficient. I mean, I like Foreign Beggars and Skinnyman as well, but they're sweet fuck all similar to Scroobs'n'Dan...

Yes I have heard that one. I quite like it. YouTube is fucking out on my phone have you heard his podcast what do you think?

Too much wrestling talk but he seems like a decent guy.

It's spoken word, not hip-hop. In hip-hop the lyrics are performed in a way that bears some relation to the musical backing and with some sort of cadence and structure.

And christ I'd forgotten how much I hated Scroobius Pip.

Yes I have heard that one. I quite like it. YouTube is fucking out on my phone have you heard his podcast what do you think?

Too much wrestling talk but he seems like a decent guy.
Fuck wrestling. I like MMA, but that professional stage-fighting crap is pure crappery.

Only just learned about his xfm gig. Meaning to give it a try. :cool:

Lyrical genius, a good egg, a music video pioneer, our social conscience and a beardy sex pot. That just about covers it.

I listened to a bit of one of the YouTubes, and would have called that pop.

I didn’t listen for long enough to hear the words, though, or to want to listen to any more.

I also don’t listen to pop, so I’m arguably out of my depth here.

HTH HAND.

I'm not sure it is all that arguable, actually. ;)

Pop is short for popular. Pip ain't pop.

(And there's a t-shirt slogan for you.)

Where stand you on the Sleaford Mods? Pop? Not pop?

I listened to a bit of one of the YouTubes, and would have called that pop.

I didn’t listen for long enough to hear the words, though, or to want to listen to any more.

HTH HAND.

Yeah it's pop music to me and all.

I'm not sure it is all that arguable, actually. ;)

Pop is short for popular. Pip ain't pop.

(And there's a t-shirt slogan for you.)

Where stand you on the Sleaford Mods? Pop? Not pop?
Idk, dude.

What did you think about djfjjddjwjlqldbfb from wlapoftn qpqpdkfnnwkskpqlqlqlqld?

In a fairly broad way I'd call both scroobius pip and sleaford mods pop music.... like if top of the pops were still going in its 80s format they could both conceivably have appeared on it. It's not the most useful description regarding how something sounds goes, though

Back
Top Bottom