Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

The Clock - well 3 hours of it anyway. I could easily have managed 12 hours I reckon. Fascinating, thrilling, moving. Just fucking ace. Yesterday was the last chance to see it in London though. :( Go see it in Glasgow or Plymouth later in the year if you are able. They might be putting it online as a stream. I hope they do as I want to see it all.

Harry Fucking Potter and the Deathly Hallows

My first ever Harry Potter film.
Thought it was a bit boring.
Maybe I should watch the one before and see if it makes sense.

The Men Who Stare At Goats

Some funny scenes (the Psychic training sequence particularly), but the main narrative with Ewan McGregor and George Clooney in Iraq was boring at times.

Reasonable lolsome to hear McGregor continually talking about Jedi-Warriors with scepticism :D

The mendacious ''Cat on a Hot Tin Roof''

3839949992_7f48aa8530.jpg

Harry Potter and the Order of the Cunting Phoenix

Average. Slow (can't believe it cost 80 million),

- I see a pattern emerging.
I think these films become progressively worse as you get to the first chapter.

A Turkish-German film called The Edge of Heaven. You know, it's possible to get actual stories about human lives out of Hollywood, but that isn't really the emphasis there. It's so nice to watch films from other countries where they actually try to impart something about the human condition, instead of simply blowing up things good.

A Compete History of My sexual failures. A little bit patchy but overall pretty good. Really made me think. Really really funny in places.

A Compete History of My sexual failures. A little bit patchy but overall pretty good. Really made me think. Really really funny in places.
The fact that it was a fakumentary (pretended to be a documentary) makes it a whole different kettle of fish. Still interesting though.

Theres going to be an out and out Hollywood remake next year

The Machine Gunners, classic childrens BBC drama version of Robert Westall's WWII based book. Just as good as I remember it being back in the 80s.

Il Divo. Fantastic film, except I missed the first 20 minutes because I was watching Trailer Park Boys, the Conky gets shot & Ricky with a rag glued to his nose one.

Spectre - Spanish village horror chiller kind of film, was pretty good actually, but I couldnt help thinking it would touch people who've grown up in a village more than it would those who've never had that kind of lifestyle experience. Still good to watch, and a decent spanish flick though not in the leagues of Rec or Pans Labryinth, more like Y Tu Mama Tambien with a horror edge

never knew they did a tv adapt of that. Will torrent.

Have you found a torrent DC? Would like to watch it myself.

Watched From Hell tonight having just finished the book. Book is brilliant, a graphic novel masterpiece maybe, film is watchable but nowhere near as good.

The Last Circus/A Sad Trumpet Ballad - Álex de la Iglesia's fantastic, grotesque satire on the Spanish Civil War/Revolution and the Franco years. Return to great form after his last piece of crap (Oford Murders). Funny, sharp, clever, visually inventive and very original recommended.

In a similar vein March on Rome - Dino Risi's 1962 pisstake of fascism. Classic piece of post-war prodding - one of his early filsm that aren't really know in anglophone countries.

Have you found a torrent DC? Would like to watch it myself.

Watched From Hell tonight having just finished the book. Book is brilliant, a graphic novel masterpiece maybe, film is watchable but nowhere near as good.

no :( just one link to some thing where you have to sign up. Will keep eye out.

Back
Top Bottom