Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Latest reggae twelve to be causing a rumpus on Ebay, selling for £500 and then magically about to get a repress. Bit of a hype tune I reckon, can't see the justification other than rareness myself.

My flatmate's shit hardcore punk music, as heard through the ceiling.

Why are they so angry and what do they have against tunes? And if they're not actually angry all the time, why don't they ever play happy songs? For the look of the thing that's why not. These supposedly give-a-shit rebels are just doing what they have to do keep up their image as give-a-shit rebels. But they are not rebels, they are the polar opposite of rebels. In so blindly following such a set musical format, and one drenched in simulated angst and rage, they are betraying anything they might once have had which resembled artistic integrity. They're just following a formula to make money, and unlike say Motown their formula is a shit formula devoid of wit, soul or anything resembling musicianship.

Apropos of nothing, I've been awake all night with a fever and am currently in a mood that could turn candyfloss into swarfega. My point still stands though.

Indian Classical music again.

Amazingly few stations on the WWW - the tendency is to count old Bollywood stuff as Classical ...

Ms Lunch here, ably assisted by six-string heroine Pat Place, and w/a certain Thurston Moore plunking the bass....(is Jim Sclavunos the drummer on this one? [e2a: Nope: tis Richard Edson, Sclavunos is the sax-honker on this)

Know what I'm listening to? Haysi Fantayzi...Cant't do a video coz I've not properly sussed this pooter yet, only got it a few weeks ago.

But, honest, I bought Haysi Fantayzi, the album from this charity shop with the intention of giving to someone who grew up in that time, but I can't stop listening to it...it's mine now. Oh yes..Bad times behind me.

Back
Top Bottom