Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete

I'm scared. I think this is the LP that has finally tipped me over the edge into being an 'old fart'. I used to like to think I'd never get to a point where I couldn't find something of interest or value in the latest music, but I fear this is it. If I had teenage offspring that was listening to this at volume in their bedroom, then this is the LP where I'd become my dad, declare: 'this isn't music, bloody well turn it down, or better still off!' Parts of it sounds like sped up Trance sequences, with samples/field recordings thrown over the top, plus how something that uses 'chipmunk' vocals in 2015 can still be called 'cutting edge' is beyond me? Honestly can't find a single redeeming track, or even part of a track, and it's on Warp, which is even worse because I've loved the label since the days of LFO and NoW. It sounds like it's music for people who say they like it so they can appear 'edgy' and 'different', I'm all for challenging, difficult music, but this is a challenge too far for me.

It sounds like it's music for people who say they like it so they can appear 'edgy' and 'different'.

Jesus Christ that is fucking awful. What the fuck are Warp thinking?

...and the video is like some sort of embarrassing fan tribute to Dr Who.

I don't know who those people are but it sounds like they need better drugs, the research chemical scene has a lot to answer for.

Back
Top Bottom