Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

First listening of 'Anthems for doomed youth' - new album from the Libertines. Wow, very disappointing but i expected that (having predicted how bland it would be a few months ago on the strength of two numbers performed at Glastonbury...) If ever there was truth in that bands cant seem to reproduce the fire in the belly of their early 20's when they were hungry for success, it's now.

There are some highlights - Gunga Din has some good hooks and there's ONE song 'Heart of the matter' which is tense and top notch, but the rest fades into the ether of 'lets make this safe and as radio friendly as possible.' The fact that Jake Gosling (who did One Direction and Ed Sheeran's albums), produced this didnt help. I'm still bananas for the first two albums, but this one sucks. Well, its not even bad but for a band this capable its played too safe. Reminds me of the time Prince gave away a new album with the Daily Mail and it was so bad i threw it in the bin. I doubt this album will grow on me.

On a bit of Chic tip at the mo - the breakdown in this, best they ever did, looking for another copy so I can run the break for long as............

Last edited:
Back to house beats - goy a few tracks from this label, always pitched up, tight and funky hope this fits, aint heard the whole lot, like what I hear so far

On a bit of Chic tip at the mo - the breakdown in this, best they ever did, looking for another copy so I can run the break for long as............

Great song

I've got an 11 minute mix of it somewhere. It flags for a minute or so at about 7 or 8 minutes but overall it's wonderful. It's called the spaced out mix, I think

Back
Top Bottom