Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

have fallen in love with this track - comes in with a minimal/dub techno aesthetic and then takes it to a more soulfull detroit spot
really subtle and immaculate production - love the way different sounds drift in and out of it
i think what really makes it tense is theres bits where theres a minor chord at the same time as a major one, lovely little dischordant clash but sounds just right...darkness & light at the same time - and over the 7 minutes it actually goes somewhere (unlike a lot of other minimal tunes) [/over analysing it over!]
special!
Out of west london too :thumbs:

Last edited:
have fallen in love with this track - comes in with a minimal/dub techno aesthetic and then takes it to a more soulfull detroit spot
really subtle and immaculate production - love the way different sounds drift in and out of it
i think what really makes it tense is theres bits where theres a minor chord at the same time as a major one, lovely little dischordant clash but sounds just right...darkness & light at the same time - and over the 7 minutes it actually goes somewhere (unlike a lot of other minimal tunes) [/over analysing it over!]
special!
Out of west london too :thumbs:

"i think what really makes it tense is theres bits where theres a minor chord at the same time as a major one, lovely little dischordant clash but sounds just right...darkness & light at the same time"
I think you mean express the statement I have, sweat doused and hair splattered have made to many others in the same condition.....
"Proper fuckin house music, eh guy??"

Look how the complexity of simplicity expands???

Bit cheezy, but one family eh?

Camaron?
Total head seize
So superb, heart, soul........

really enjoying this...ive never been conscious of the islamic influence in flamenco (singing) before - seems blatant now i think about it/ This guy particularly catches it though i think, something about the huskiness of his voice and the tones he hits on the vibrato
*have put the rest of this album on...

Last edited:
really enjoying this...ive never been conscious of the islamic influence in flamenco (singing) before - seems blatant now i think about it/ This guy particularly catches it though i think, something about the huskiness of his voice and the tones he hits on the vibrato
*have put the rest of this album on...
Aint he fuckin superb?
he is proper Gitano from Cadiz
His father was a blacksmith
Cant get more honest than that
Check out all the albums he did with Paco de Luca if you wont the pro - Fanco Castilian vibe (maybe that should read "pure technical elegance") - still brilliant but lacking the Moorish duende

Fully understand why no one else may like this, but it is honest, committed and perhaps a Sufi way of being Ras Michael and The Sons of Negus....another fav of mine........

Love pretty much all she does - kate bush meets portishead on this track
She is syncretic , things get fuzed and matched
Love to hear her do sumtin with Tricky - unlikely mind......
Superb

Back
Top Bottom