Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wednesday

Anyone watching this?

It's on Netflix and is the story of Wednesday Addams (from the Addams family) at secondary school.

It's really good. Beautifully filmed. Tim Burton is directing and Danny Elfman does the music.

Dry, witty and dark.

Christina Ricci (the Tim Burton Wednesday Addams) is in it as a teacher too, which is a nice touch. Luiz Goodman is Gomez and Catherine Zeta Jones is Morticia.

It's a great kooky series if you've got kids who are slightly goth in their outlook 👍

Last edited:
I saw some previews on facebook, and it looks really good.

We do not have netflix, but my son said he would download some episodes for me for Christmas.

Last edited:
Yes, a few comments/ reviews on the Netflix thread already, but we loved it. Big fans of Tim Burton so we might have been biased, but in any case we thought it was a solid 8/ 10 :)

Anyone watching this?

It's on Netflix and is the story of Wednesday Addams (from the Addams family) at secondary school.

It's really good. Beautifully filmed. Tim Burton is directing and Danny Elfman does the music.

Dry, witty and dark.

Christina Ricci (the Tim Burton Wednesday Addams) is in it as a teacher too, which is a nice touch. Liuz Goodman is Gomez and Catherine Zeta Jones is Morticia.

It's a great kooky series if you've got kids who are slightly goth in their outlook 👍
just went on the "must see" list, based on your description...

Big kudos to Jenna Ortega. Christina Richi’s shoes were always going to be big ones to fill, but Ortega is a worthy successor to the role.

Production values are very good, and the aesthetic feel of the series is almost cinematic. Some great supporting roles as well. Gwendoline Christie is sublime as the headmistress, and even though her screen time is fairly limited, Catherine Zeta Jones’s casting as Morticia Addams is spot on.

As far as any Addams Family-related show could possibly be expected to be, this one more than meets minimum expectations.

We loved it. Wednesday is perfectly cast, it must have been quite a challenging role, especially the no blinking part. A small, but significant part of being Wednesday imo.

We also liked Enid. The total contrast to Wednesday was well played. We liked how the characters developed their relationship.

Overall, if you've not watched it, you should. Reconnect with your inner goth.

I think it's "OK" it also explains why the much better imvho independently produced YouTube shorts were stopped

Nowhere near the budget and no all star cast but absolutely nail it

We loved it. Wednesday is perfectly cast, it must have been quite a challenging role, especially the no blinking part. A small, but significant part of being Wednesday imo.

We also liked Enid. The total contrast to Wednesday was well played. We liked how the characters developed their relationship.

Overall, if you've not watched it, you should. Reconnect with your inner goth.
Just watching the last few episodes and concentrating on the "no blinking" bit.

Its not just her. Noone blinks as far as I can see.

Watched over the last couple of days and thoroughly enjoyed. Almost uniformly excellent casting/ performances (Luis Guzman's Gomez was too jolly/avuncular, and not at all suave and horny, plus Uncle Fester was too giggly for my liking).

Daughter and I particularly loved Enid.

Back
Top Bottom