Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We can regulate our way out of this

RobotHyper

No more than 7 terraced houses in a row on new build houses – a fire hazard.

Terraced houses do not work out cheaper as you need a Party wall agreement to replace two walls in a house joined onto the neighbours. The builders say this is very expensive. If living in a large row of terraced houses the owners must eat out to keep fire risks down also increasing the price.

Wooden doors and windows rot really fact. Double glazing pvc should be made compulsory in buildings regulations as well. Double glazing is always cheaper than single glazing reduces your heating bill down to a third of original amount with no heating at night and partial heating. No wooden guttering fascias while the roof may last that long the wood wont so you will then need to replace the roof early. Wooden doors, windows and guttering you have to pay to paint frequently meaning they are not as cheap as pvc better if double glazing pvc was made compulsory in buildings regulations.

We can all pay our sympathy to the people who lost their lives in the Grenfell Tower fire.

There was an environmental speaker recently saying that we shouldn't be adding conservatories to buildings because they're not sustainable. The point was negated somewhat because she was making the recording from inside her conservatory. I also disagree because my conservatory warms the whole house.

It's also not pvc but oak with aluminium rafters which won't rot or need repainting. PVC's nasty fucking stuff, and I hate the way that traditional wood windows in old houses are replaced by pvc ones. You can retrofit secondary glazing instead with heavy curtains.

The pvc double glazing industry recommends it for energy efficiency reasons while the repayment time is actually (at least was when I last looked) 25 years which is bollocks there are a lot cheaper things to do to save energy.

That proposal ^^^ also ignores people like me that live in places such as National Parks and Housing Conservation Areas that have strictly enforced regulations which do not allow uPVC windows, doors or anything similar.

It's a strong first post, but I wish the OP would come back and add hyperlinks to some of the keywords they keep repeating. It'd really help bring the subject to life.

No more than 7 terraced houses in a row on new build houses – a fire hazard.

Terraced houses do not work out cheaper as you need a Party wall agreement to replace two walls in a house joined onto the neighbours. The builders say this is very expensive. If living in a large row of terraced houses the owners must eat out to keep fire risks down also increasing the price.

Wooden doors and windows rot really fact. Double glazing pvc should be made compulsory in buildings regulations as well. Double glazing is always cheaper than single glazing reduces your heating bill down to a third of original amount with no heating at night and partial heating. No wooden guttering fascias while the roof may last that long the wood wont so you will then need to replace the roof early. Wooden doors, windows and guttering you have to pay to paint frequently meaning they are not as cheap as pvc better if double glazing pvc was made compulsory in buildings regulations.

We can all pay our sympathy to the people who lost their lives in the Grenfell Tower fire.

6/10 on my personal Turing Test rating scale.

Back
Top Bottom