Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wayne Rooney Apologises ...

You don't think a person's intelligence can be read in their eyes?

I think it can be read from what they say and do.

So no. I don't believe intelligence can be read in eyes for the same reason I don't believe the future can be read in palms or fortunes in tea leaves. Because it is patently stupid.

Windows to the soul and all that bollocks.

I think it can be read from what they say and do.

So no. I don't believe intelligence can be read in eyes for the same reason I don't believe the future can be read in palms or fortunes in tea leaves. Because it is patently stupid.

Windows to the soul and all that bollocks.

:D

I'm not being a hippy about it... you can get a sense of how bright someone is by what they do with their eyes. Active observation vs passive observation, etc.

:D

I'm not being a hippy about it... you can get a sense of how bright someone is by what they do with their eyes. Active observation vs passive observation, etc.

Fair enough, still don't buy it though! Maybe in the sense that sometimes people's eyes show humour at certain times which suggests intelligence and stuff like that. Doesn't spring to mind when I think of Rooney though!

After thinking about things i would like to say the following.

I was one of many who boo'ed Mr rooney and his team mates in the pub... and i would like to say sorry..

I am sorry thee performance was so inept that i was reduced to offending there multimillion pound super ego's....

After thinking about things i would like to say the following.

I was one of many who boo'ed Mr rooney and his team mates in the pub... and i would like to say sorry..

I am sorry thee performance was so inept that i was reduced to offending there multimillion pound super ego's....

I don't reckon they could hear you from the pub

You don't think a person's intelligence can be read in their eyes?

God, I hope you are not one of those cunt employers/consultants that put such shit into practice at job interviews. Oh, I think candiate A will be better because I saw intelligence in his eyes.

Rooney should have apologised ..

For not being able to find the back of the net ....

How much is he paid?

Actually, Rooney has always struck me as one of the more intelligent footballers. You can see it in his eyes.

Ears too. 'The ears are the doors to the soul'.

I wonder how much Rooney has earned from the ads surrounding the world cup that playing for England has got for him. Clearly not enough to make him want to run for the fucking ball when it comes close to him, though.

Your safe. i don't think we have a black lesbian Zionist paddy in the England squad....

Though if she can finish, id select her over heskey

:hmm:

There was that Ivory coast player who had an Israeli flag tucked into his sock a few years ago. But I dont think he was jewish

Spot on, but the English love a scapegoat, usually an MUFC one.

Ideally yes. England 'fans' are a fucking joke. Most or them aren't even fans. Essentially they are there as consumers rather than supporters. So if the team display threatens their investment in getting there they feel cheated. Some prick buys tickets all the way to the final and is then indignant when his holiday plans are spoiled by lapses on the pitch, quickly followed by this huge sense of entitlement that they failed to back his judgement. What wank.

Dickheads like this want to be part of the glamour of the World Cup because they mostly support lower league teams who never achieve anything worthwhile.

Overwhelmingly they are middle aged these days but their relationship to the team is as dishonest and unhealthy as the semi-fascist self-aggrandisers who previously marauded across Europe dressed in the Union Jack. Name one other set of fans that regularly sing the national anthem/dirge in the middle of the game. 'Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves...and so on' In what way is that meant to inspire the team?

Actually it is nothing to do with the team at all. Just another unthinking shallow moronic reflex. There is little or no emotional involvement with the team at all. (At different times individual players (Hargreaves etc) have been booed even before coming on!) And the players know this. Notoriously as Capello noted Wembley was a problem for the team who tended to play far better away from home. Again its hard to name another team that applies to?

That said Capello has made mistakes. A 4-5-1 line up was essential from the off.

I'm with Rooney. Yes England were shit but we're still in the tournament so the fans should support the team no matter what. Especially if they play bad (need the support even more then).

You could argue that boos are appropriate after they get knocked out and even then only if they have played really bad in all three games. But not when they are still in it.

And? So what? I know he plays for United Joe, ergo you have a blindspot, but does that make his dummy spitting any more acceptable?

No blindspot. He hasn't played well. However in 180 mins of football he hasn't recieved a single cross, or a single through pass. Or putting it another way his ratio of goals to chances is a perfect 100 per cent. The team is malfunctioning in a serious way. There is no defence or offensive midfield. Simply outnumbered. Thus no retention of the beachball. So Rooney is a target for the opposition. Stop Rooney. Stop England. A simple equation. Is anyone else stepping up. No. So he is frustrated. Who wouldn't be? Being slagged off by your own 'supporters' helped this how?

If he can't take a few fucking boo's..Maybe he is in the wrong profession....

If he want's we could always get him a nice warehouse job, and I know a weatherspoons that's hiring..

No blindspot. He hasn't played well. However in 180 mins of football he hasn't recieved a single cross, or a single through pass. Or putting it another way his ratio of goals to chances is a perfect 100 per cent. The team is malfunctioning in a serious way. There is no defence or offensive midfield. Simply outnumbered. Thus no retention of the beachball. So Rooney is a target for the opposition. Stop Rooney. Stop England. A simple equation. Is anyone else stepping up. No. So he is frustrated. Who wouldn't be? Being slagged off by your own 'supporters' helped this how?

I'm not sure the fans think it helped, or should they shut up and be nice little paying customers? Perhaps Rooney's so used to polite applause at the Theatre of Sleep he's not used to people venting their frustration and emotion.....

He revealed himself to be a childsih twat without a scrap of self awareness or humilty.

A pretty disgraceful reaction after a similarly disgraceful performance.

I'm not sure the fans think it helped, or should they shut up and be nice little paying customers? Perhaps Rooney's so used to polite applause at the Theatre of Sleep he's not used to people venting their frustration and emotion.....

'Paying customers' not fans who actually support their national team through thick and thin sums it up perfectly. He is used to people venting their frustration - he is perfectly used to the opposition doing that. What we have here are so called England fans who don't actually back the team when the chips are down, so what is the point in having them? For all the talk of 'three lions on the shirt' if there is no loyalty they are nothing more than mere spectators. And it's not like they even pay his wages.

I'm with Rooney. Yes England were shit but we're still in the tournament so the fans should support the team no matter what. Especially if they play bad (need the support even more then).

You could argue that boos are appropriate after they get knocked out and even then only if they have played really bad in all three games. But not when they are still in it.

Exactly.

'Paying customers' not fans who actually support their national team through thick and thin sums it up perfectly. He is used to people venting their frustration - he is perfectly used to the opposition doing that. What we have here are so called England fans who don't actually back the team when the chips are down, so what is the point in having them? For all the talk of 'three lions on the shirt' if there is no loyalty they are nothing more than mere spectators. And it's not like they even pay his wages.

Yup, they should just shut up and not get angry, do as they're told.

Back
Top Bottom