Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walter Presents

hash tag

Reaching out
Is this all becoming a little too much?
We have loved these drama's in this home, but they take up a lot of time and take an awful lot of concentration (not withstanding I often have to catch them up because I often work late).
We are currently watching Salamander and Lifeline. Tabula Rasa started at the weekend, which as I was at work we have passed on for now,.The Bridge, which is unmissable, is back on Friday.
Potentially, we have 4 separate dramas to watch at the moment.

Is anyone else starting to find them all a little too much? Is anyone managing to keep up with them all? They have become neverending and I can't keep up.

I think I've only watched the French ones, partly to improve my listening skills. I think Les Hommes de l'Ombre (or "Spin" in its lazy English translation) and the first series of Les Revenants (The Returned) were my favourites.

I think I've only watched the French ones, partly to improve my listening skills. I think Les Hommes de l'Ombre (or "Spin" in its lazy English translation) and the first series of Les Revenants (The Returned) were my favourites.
Spin was good, it was like a French Borgen. I also liked No Limit, which was about a guy who was in a black ops organisation and his sister's a cop and they sometimes have overlapping cases, and there are lots of funny, farcical elements, but the action stuff is good too because it's a Luc Besson series. It's not superlative drama like Spin or Spiral (Engrenages) on BBC Four's subtitled Saturdays, but it's entertainingly silly.

I've just finished Night and Day - a Catalan series - which I thought was excellent.

I like the way non-English language dramas demand my full attention. I can't sit arseing about on my phone at the same time.

I'll try some of the others you guys mention. I think Salamander was on BBC 4 a couple of years ago ig it's Flemish and starts with a nank robbery....loved that if it's the same one.

I binged The Cleaning Lady this week - an Argentinian series about a woman who gets drawn into cleaning up various messes from the local mob. Pretty good. 8/10.

I started another Argentinian offering - Pure Evil - but I'm sick of it so probably won't finish it.

I saw one of them Walter Presents things once.
From Norway, it was.
Half a dozen episodes, or perhaps more, if I am not mistaken.
The mystery of how the young men in the swimming pool died was not resolved after all that screen time. We were led up the garden path, and abandoned.

Just started on Helsinki Crimes. Done 4 episodes. My god it’s the bleakest thing I’ve ever watched!

I'd say 80% of the Scandi drama on WP comfortably fits into the "bleak" category. It's mostly very good but we intersperse it with the French and Italian stuff on there for a bit of sunshine and scenery.

I'd say 80% of the Scandi drama on WP comfortably fits into the "bleak" category. It's mostly very good but we intersperse it with the French and Italian stuff on there for a bit of sunshine and scenery.
Aye, but this is bleak as in despairing, pessimistic and fatalist.

Literally had to stop watching episode 5. My god, everyone is depressed, every crime is meaningless and hollow, everything is purposeless and grim.

It’s good, but I’m not in a strong enough place to go on!

There are just so many of these things. I had to check to see if this was the one I watched, which might have been Israeli where the local cop is helped by a Brit cop who has a side investigation over somone who tried to kill his girlfriend.

That sounds like Hit and Run. Which is also good.

Back
Top Bottom